Swimpy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
I have made a mean turkey chili in my crockpot. I think it's best for things like that..pot roast, stews, soups. I tried roasting things and even cooking chicken in wine. I wonder if my crockpot gets too hot for the long cooking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:10 pm
I suppose there is some low point where you are raising bacteria at leisure. But probably lower than the average crockpot. Thinking, most like 37 degrees C, which is 98 or so F, if I remember... and bacti are disabled at what, 145, except for spores, which need 160 for 15 minutes. (Did I make this up? this is from ancient memory).

Anyway, farmerman's rigging sounds really neat.

And stone, ya got a stone house? Tell me, tell me...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 07:27 pm
Garlic Pot Roast

1 pot roast
1 can Old English or similar malt liquor
8 cloves garlic (some minced, some diced, some whole)
12 oz. salsa (I use Ro-Tel tomatoes, 10 oz. can)

Any other seasoning you choose, to taste

(I have been known to add onions and new potatoes, but they are not essential to the recipe)

Cook for hours (8-12) on low

Eat (the hell out of)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:33 pm
I gotta do that pot roast tomorrow and bbq ribs on mon
its gonna b e hot this weekend so outdoor cooking and barbequing(grilling) is the ticket.

osso.our place was an old serpentine stone road house and was originally built in 1763 (very significant year in PA). walls are about 22 inches thick at the base.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:01 pm
I don't suppose you'd post pics sometime, I guess it is rather close to home to do that. But boy, sounds interesting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:46 am
I will, as soon as I take time to find out how to post pics. I thought that the toolbar had a method for posting
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:03 am
Here ya go, farmerman; A2K Help Forum: How to Post Images
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:06 am
I was going to submit something until I realised the title of the thread wasn't "Crack Pot Recipes"
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:13 pm
Good one P Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:23 pm
my wife went out today and bought a second crock pot. Its a casserole style with two (2) lids, one a shallow and one a deeep, for cooking eagles or something equally big. The old crock pot we got for a wedding present back in the days of ( remember that wshit where youd dip some bread into hot boiling lava -I forget the name of this type of cooking because alcohol was usually involved and I blank out )
We now have a very old crock pot for round stuff and a great big (computerized) for bigger road-kill meals.
Im gonna try that erzats barbeque , sloppy joe sounding stuff that mckenzie posted up top.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:40 pm
I'm resurrecting this thread, one of the several a2k crock pots threads, because I just saw McKenzie's new avatar - great! And, besides, it's a good thread.
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:00 am
@ossobuco,
Oooh will return eventually with slow cooker chicken soup recipe. I'm making it tonight.
farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:34 am
God, that farmerman guy sounds like a real douche bag.
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:36 am
@farmerman,
I hear he's mellowed.
patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:11 pm
@jespah,
No, he's a giant douche.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x234/ctbob/douche.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:01 pm
Ive just ignored myself and Im pissed at me. CAn someone tell me what I said here?
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:09 am
@ossobuco,
Aw, thanks, Osso. He's a good boy, our little Maxie.
mckenzie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:30 am
@jespah,
Mr. M. had a craving for some cabbage rolls, so we got busy Saturday evening. (Some exciting evening, but after 36 years, well ...) We lined the bottom and sides with cabbage leaves, put in the cabbage rolls, poured tomato sauce overtop, covered with another layer of cabbage and the lid, low heat for eight hours and went to bed.
mckenzie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:31 am
@jespah,
I'm really looking forward to the chicken soup recipe, jespah.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:02 am
@mckenzie,
mckenzie wrote:

Mr. M. had a craving for some cabbage rolls, so we got busy Saturday evening. (Some exciting evening, but after 36 years, well ...) We lined the bottom and sides with cabbage leaves, put in the cabbage rolls, poured tomato sauce overtop, covered with another layer of cabbage and the lid, low heat for eight hours and went to bed.

Mmmm, that sounds good. Got a recipe for what you stuffed them with?