A good word for victim blaming before there's a victim?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 10:07 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
or the person may stop trying to be helpful.

like all those people trying to help us find Jesus so we'll be saved?

thanks but no thanks
FBM

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 10:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing Good point. I got accosted by another pair of JWs yesterday. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

TheCaptain

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 11:01 pm
@maxdancona,
From what the study says, yeah maybe. I notice what I cited kind of proved my point but also disproved it, just in reverse. Then again it doesn't count for a woman's demeanor, meaning if she dressed "submissively" but she carried herself assertively, would that change things for a rapist?

But that's the deal, it's like you'd have to have the mind of a rapist to truly understand how all the pieces fall together for them, and (fortunately) I don't have that kind of mentality.

So that's why I don't think suggesting clothing style to deter rape would be a very good method, at least not on it's own. And if it is done, the way it's worded should be chosen carefully. It may work on one rapist, but not the other. I feel it's better to suggest things that work on all of them, things that can actually stop them dead in their tracks.
0 Replies

TheCaptain

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 11:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, so it's more about demeanor? I kind of just brought that up in a reply to another person, maybe verify for me and see if I'm close to being accurate?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 04:42 am
@TheCaptain,
Don't waste your time with Max. He's gone through a messy divorce and now hates all women.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:31 am
@TheCaptain,
TheCaptain wrote:

Ah, so it's more about demeanor? I kind of just brought that up in a reply to another person, maybe verify for me and see if I'm close to being accurate?

It's definitely all about demeanor. Rape aside for the moment, a mugger will generally not attack someone who looks like he/she might fight fight back. Even when the mugger is sure he can easily subdue the victim, having to struggle isn't worth the effort. I assume it would be equally true in a rape situation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 11:04 am
@TheCaptain,
I'd say demeanor is a subset of what's required.

so behaviour, attitude, awareness, engagement, projection of inner strength

basically sending a message of unwillingness to accept bullshit

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 02:23 am
Back to the subject--"a word blaming the victim before there's a victim" With money or property there's something physical to attain. Something that can be carried away--In these cases the pre-victim is called a 'Mark"

As for Rape---That is to broad. Rape has been defined as a 16 year old girl and a 19 year old boy---rape has also been defined as three sex slaves in the Ohio basement. Rape has also been defined as abusing a corpse.

Rape is both a psychopathy and a show of dominance. Rape can also be sexual. The pre-victim can be called 'lover' and actually be one---isn't that the point of some lingerie.

Rap
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 09:56 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
"a word blaming X before there's a X

GIBBERISH
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 10:32 pm
bm
0 Replies