What are the reasons why employees prefer to resign ?

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:31 am
I really appreciate if you leave a comment. this is my subject requirement. thank you Smile

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:37 am
@cathy gonzaga,
Because they don't want the word "fired" showing up on their work history.
roger

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
It's a balance between a good resume and the loss of unemployment compensation, at least around here.
cathy gonzaga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 07:35 pm
@Lordyaswas,
if you have a "fired" work history it is also means you can't easily find a job ?
0 Replies

cathy gonzaga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 07:40 pm
@roger,
is the lower compensation is a big issue why employees tend to resign ?
roger

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:16 pm
@cathy gonzaga,
Probably not.

Some will resign in preference to being fired.

Oftentimes, people will resign because of personalities they must work for, or with.

Sometimes people resign because they have found a better job.

I suspect that pay is fairly far down the list.
cathy gonzaga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:06 pm
@roger,
very well said. thanks for sharing your opinion. Smile
FBM

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 01:54 am
@cathy gonzaga,
Seven-year itch, sometimes, too. I resigned once just because I was bored with the city, the lifestyle. I moved around for a while and learned to appreciate what I had before, though, and eventually went back. I left the places in between, respectively, because of a) changes in the administration that undermined my autonomy in the classroom, and b) systematic dishonesty in the administration (hidden policies).
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 07:21 am
My favorite reason would be winning the lottery.
jespah

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 07:56 am
@cathy gonzaga,
Sometimes they feel it helps them retain their dignity. It can also depend on what the laws are regarding unemployment compensation. In a lot of parts of the United States you can't get unemployment $$ (or it's severely restricted) if you voluntarily separate from your place of employment.

There are also people who leave because they want to raise their kids, and they would make less than what they would pay a nanny or for preschool tuition.
cathy gonzaga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 08:07 am
@bobsal u1553115,
which is a fortunate one? nice reason Smile
0 Replies

cathy gonzaga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 08:09 am
@FBM,
you mean you dislike the management that's why you resign ?
cathy gonzaga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 08:11 am
@jespah,
well you have a point especially if the employee is a girl so she prefer to resign because she wants to take care of her child.
FBM

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 08:57 am
@cathy gonzaga,
cathy gonzaga wrote:

you mean you dislike the management that's why you resign ?

Not exactly, but sort of. They secretly implemented policy changes that had negative effects on me and the other foreigners, in the one case. They took us out of the Humanities dept. and put us in an institute. Suddenly we had a boss who wasn't even an English teacher, but who was telling us how we had to teach. There was a mass exodus.

In the second case, they implemented a de facto 5-year employment limit (which is illegal here), but lied when confronted about it. My best friend and a co-worker were let go despite having the top two best performance evaluations. Nobody could understand why, except that both of them had completed 5 years and were entitled to bonuses and increased pension. I resigned on principle, since it was only my first year.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 09:22 am
@cathy gonzaga,
Please don't use terms like girl when you're talking about adults. That's not PC; it's a question of accuracy. Unless you are talking about a teenaged parent, the vast, vast majority of parents are adult men and women and should be referred to as such in a scholarly paper.

Oh, and men become stay at home parents, too.
cathy gonzaga

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:21 am
@jespah,
thanks for informing me. I will keep that in mind Smile
0 Replies

carmina

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 02:01 am
@cathy gonzaga,
unmanaged, i think..
cathy gonzaga

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:30 pm
@carmina,
what do you mean unmanaged? is it the lack of training ?
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 04:38 am
@cathy gonzaga,
It depends on the situation, Want to Switch Company for better proposal or not comfortable with the job.
0 Replies