Facebook Business v Personal page

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 08:29 pm
I have absolutely no interest in having a Facebook personal profile, page, etc. But I would like to have a Facebook page for my small business. Is there anyway I can do that without first setting up a personal profile, page, etc. Or at the very least - have the business page totally separate, searchable, and disassociated as much as possible from any personal profile, page, etc. Thanks a ton if you can help me with this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,351 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 11:06 am
@RBwantsinfo,
You will still need something as you need to have an account. Fortunately, you can make the account with restrictive privacy settings. Just create a personal profile and hit the gear wheel (top right corner) and adjust your privacy settings to whatever is the most restrictive settings for everything. Don't accept any friend requests, either (as friending is going to beget more friending).

But you have to have a personal account as your business page must have at least one administrator. You guessed it; that's the personal account.
RBwantsinfo

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 04:52 pm
@jespah,
jespah, Thanks A Ton! That's kinda how it was looking to me. Thanks for the quick reply - and confirming what I was seeing & thinking how this would go... Thanks Again!
jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 06:11 pm
@RBwantsinfo,
Oh, my pleasure - it kind of makes sense when you think about their model for a page or a group. Somebody has to manage that sucker.
0 Replies