Whatever happened to the water-fueled engine?

USAFHokie80

Mon 8 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
it occurred to me that anipawkins' argument for why the conservation of energy doesn't hold up (and why this can work) is the same as claiming that nuclear fission breaks the laws of thermodynamics. the reason being that a nuclear reactor can produce much more power than it takes to mine the ore (or being the reaction). and while at face value, this seems logical - it only does so because of a horribly misinformed understanding of the laws of thermodynamics.
0 Replies

curtis73

Tue 9 Oct, 2007 12:24 am
Right, and I tried to explain that if you're in a lab mixing an acid and a base to measure the energy it gives off, you don't take into consideration the amount of energy your body uses to go get the beakers. Its the energy IN THE REACTION.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:04 am
curtis73 wrote:
Right, and I tried to explain that if you're in a lab mixing an acid and a base to measure the energy it gives off, you don't take into consideration the amount of energy your body uses to go get the beakers. Its the energy IN THE REACTION.

aww... i remember those days back in the calorimetry lab. :-)
0 Replies

curtis73

Tue 9 Oct, 2007 03:07 pm
mmmm... calories
0 Replies

anakpawis

Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:37 pm
My life mission is not to make the 3 Stooges smarter..namely USAFHokie80, Steve 41oo, and curtis73..oh I forgot there's Shemp..parados?.

I know that you think that your world is perfect and it works for you guys. And that you people are normal and smart, but to others looking outside the box, you all are hilarious!...lol Laughing

Your knowledge is very limited. You can't even consider new ideas. The only solution you guys know is to poke each others eyes and hit each other heads.

My goal here is to guide the young minds and kids that the 3 Stooges are only a joke and what they do whether they look serious shouldn't be emulated because they're dangerous. Stupidity is contagious to the young minds.
0 Replies

curtis73

Tue 9 Oct, 2007 07:06 pm
Can I be Moe?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:03 am
anakpawis wrote:
Stupidity is contagious to the young minds.
well you should know all about that one annyP Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:25 am
anakpawis wrote:
My life mission is not to make the 3 Stooges smarter..namely USAFHokie80, Steve 41oo, and curtis73..oh I forgot there's Shemp..parados?.

I know that you think that your world is perfect and it works for you guys. And that you people are normal and smart, but to others looking outside the box, you all are hilarious!...lol Laughing

Your knowledge is very limited. You can't even consider new ideas. The only solution you guys know is to poke each others eyes and hit each other heads.

My goal here is to guide the young minds and kids that the 3 Stooges are only a joke and what they do whether they look serious shouldn't be emulated because they're dangerous. Stupidity is contagious to the young minds.
I dont mind knockabout stuff or being called stupid. But in fact you make some serious allegations here. First lets deal with the claim that I "cant even consider new ideas". This is just not true. I have considered your idea, and found it seriously flawed. Second we are not poking each others eyes and hitting each others heads, we are poking your eye and hitting your head....because you are oblivious to the absurdity of your perpetual motion machine.

Finally you accuse me of being dangerous to young minds. Far from it, I want young minds to be open to truth. But not so open that their brains fall out like yours have.
parados

Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:22 am
anakpawis wrote:

Maybe if you crawled out of the box you are living in under that bridge and took some meds you might find reality.
Quote:

My knowledge may be limited but I am not ready to throw away the work of Newton, Einstein, Carnot, Gibbs, etc etc just because you say we should. That WOULD be nuts.
Quote:

All the great work in science has been the result of adding to the knowledge of those that did prior work. You are telling the kids they should just ignore everything science has learned up to this point. A process that will slow down any forward progress since they will have to relearn every single thing 2000 years has already taught us.

Yes, there may be some way to turn water into Brown's gas that somehow finds an outside energy source to help do it. For instance a certain frequency of electrical pulses could cause the molecules to respond to the earth's magnetic field and draw energy from that as well as the electricity. But if that is the case then it should be able to be shown and duplicated by others. The world is full of charlatans that make claims about free energy but then can't produce those results in a controlled environment. I don't think anyone here has said they will never believe. We have said your explanation is BS. We have said the videos are not proof since their is no controlled environment. The drawings for his car that datsun posted are nothing more than the drawings for electrolyzing water into Brown's gas. The amount of energy required to produce a certain amount of Brown's gas is known based on that device.

Steve and Curtis have both offered to view the device and help with funding if it can be shown to work. That is hardly the sign of a closed mind. It is the sign of a skeptical mind. Skepticism is what drives science.

Credulity such as yours is not science. It is a child fascinated by the magic show of a 2nd rate magician convinced he really can do magic.
0 Replies

anakpawis

Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:18 pm
How is Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp?

You guys are a classic. But your comedy style is not funny anymore. Same with science, it should change and will change whether you like it or not. Go stick with what you know because you don't know any better.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 11 Oct, 2007 08:14 pm
anakpawis wrote:
How is Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp?

You guys are a classic. But your comedy style is not funny anymore. Same with science, it should change and will change whether you like it or not. Go stick with what you know because you don't know any better.

Can you get back to us when this actually happens?

Maybe you can hold your breath til then as well. I am sure you don't need oxygen for any of the energy processes in your body.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:38 am
you are beginning to annoy me annaporky

of course science progresses. thats what science is.

sometimes there is a paradigm shift and the landscape changes completely.

But i tell you this for free, a tin can and a car battery dont make for the re writing of the laws of physics.
0 Replies

anakpawis

Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:12 pm
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain
0 Replies

anakpawis

Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:14 pm
If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking. ~George S. Patton
0 Replies

curtis73

Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:41 pm
Glad we cleared that up. If Patton and Twain made a prosaic quip about it, it must violate the laws of physics.

Ok, we can all rest easy now. The fiction novelist and the corrupt general have spoken their peace.
0 Replies

anakpawis

Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:10 am
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
-Nikola Tesla
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:31 am
Quote:
due to his eccentric personality and unbelievable and sometimes bizarre claims about possible scientific and technological developments, Tesla was ultimately ostracized and regarded as a mad scientist. Never having put much focus on his finances, Tesla died impoverished at the age of 86.
0 Replies

anakpawis

Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:34 pm
Einsteins relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists

-Nikola Tesla

But I won't go as far as saying that the 3 Stooges are metaphysicists. They're just comedians. Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 16 Oct, 2007 03:55 am
without researching, would you care to demonstrate that you know what a metaphysicist is?
0 Replies

anakpawis

Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:56 am
Metaphysicist : are like those people who pushed and supported the theory of relativity even though it has no scientific proof but was derived based on conjectures and wishful imaginations. Those people who pushed for make-believe space-time bending, time travel,black holes, quazars, string theory..

It's like they want to make 1+1=3, and they would say assume there is X that fills the missing space between 1 and another 1. If X-1 =0 then X=1 thus 1+X+1 =3. It is absolute. You are a fool to disprove this. It's mathematically correct.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:25:39