0
   

Manufactured land and people of "Palestine(TM)"

 
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:10 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Actually, i was ridiculing your silly claim that because there was "a kingdom of Israel," that somehow authorizes the bigotry and apartheid policies of Zionists. It doesn't.

There are no such apartheid policies.

Your outrageous suggestion to the contrary proves that the Israeli people were correct to vote against any further attempts at peace talks.


Setanta wrote:
Palestine is every bit as real as your "kingdom of Israel" (an historical absurdity).

The Kingdom of Israel is hardly a historical absurdity. It was a very real place.
InfraBlue
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:41 pm
@martone,
martone wrote:

Quote:
"kingdom of Israel" (an historical absurdity).


The Quran mentions Israel, and it belonging to the Jews. Would you like to argue with Islamists?

Religious mythologies are poor justifications for the discrimination and oppression of a people.

Yeah, Islamists want to establish an Islamic state in all of Palestine too. You don't want to argue with them?
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 08:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Religious mythologies are poor justifications for the discrimination and oppression of a people.

The Palestinians are merely being controlled in order to prevent them from murdering people.

And the reason the Palestinians are being controlled this way is not because of any religion, but rather because the Palestinians refuse to ever make peace.
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
There was more to the Kingdom of Israel than religion. There was a king, and an army, and an entire functioning Iron Age society.

Sure, but that doesn't negate the point I made.

It seems to me that claiming that something is a religious construct is contrary to it being an actual physical place.

I'm referring to the idea of the land of Israel what with the claim that it was given to "the Jews" by their god.

oralloy wrote:
The Kingdom of Israel had defined borders. Places within those borders were under the power of the Israeli king. Places outside those borders were not under the power of the Israeli king.

Sure, and who knows where these boundaries were or what was the extent of the power of this "king of Israel" whom that Aramean king boasts of vanquishing in the late 9th century BC in the Tel Dan stele.

What's more, it's utterly ridiculous that the Zionists claim ownership of Palestine by way of him.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 03:13 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
There was more to the Kingdom of Israel than religion. There was a king, and an army, and an entire functioning Iron Age society.

Sure, but that doesn't negate the point I made.

It seems to me that claiming that something is a religious construct is contrary to it being an actual physical place.

I'm referring to the idea of the land of Israel what with the claim that it was given to "the Jews" by their god.

Lots of indigenous peoples have a mythology that explains their link to their land. That's never justified denying indigenous rights before.


InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The Kingdom of Israel had defined borders. Places within those borders were under the power of the Israeli king. Places outside those borders were not under the power of the Israeli king.

Sure, and who knows where these boundaries were or what was the extent of the power of this "king of Israel" whom that Aramean king boasts of vanquishing in the late 9th century BC in the Tel Dan stele.

That's a question for the archaeologists to have fun with. No one is proposing that Israel's borders be made an exact match for the Kingdom of Israel under David and Solomon.

More than likely Israel will end up with some territory that the original kingdom didn't have, and without some territory that the original kingdom did have.

The point is, as the indigenous population, Israel has every right to be in Palestine.


InfraBlue wrote:
What's more, it's utterly ridiculous that the Zionists claim ownership of Palestine by way of him.

Israel claims ownership of their portion of Palestine by way of being the indigenous populace.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 03:27 am
@oralloy,
Bullshit
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 04:04 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Bullshit

Like I said, the Israeli people were right to vote for an end to the peace talk farce.

The Palestinians can make their precious "state" out of Area A, and Area A alone.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 04:22 am
The Jews were driven out of Palestine by the Romans in 135 CE. According to rabid and murderous Zionists (whom Oralloy apparently admires), that other people lived in Palestine for more than 1800 years means nothing--once Jews come back, any measure, including wholesale slaughter, is justified so that they can claim "their" land. You are one sick puppy, Bubba.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 04:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
rabid and murderous Zionists

The only rabid and murderous people here are the Palestinians.

The Israelis are merely defending themselves.


Setanta wrote:
that other people lived in Palestine for more than 1800 years means nothing

That much is true. It means nothing.


Setanta wrote:
once Jews come back, any measure, including wholesale slaughter, is justified so that they can claim "their" land.

The only people who are attempting wholesale slaughter are the Palestinians.

The Israelis are merely defending themselves.


Setanta wrote:
You are one sick puppy, Bubba.

The only sick people here are the Palestinians. It's a good thing they are on a path to perpetual confinement in Area A.
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:34 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Palestine is every bit as real as your "kingdom of Israel" (an historical absurdity).
An historical absurdity ?
https://kippahandcollar.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/the-palestine-of-herodotus-and-wikipedia/
Quote:
The exercise of picking a suitably ancient text and waving it around to prove that this has “always” or “never” been Palestine or Israel or Judea or Mars seems to be more of an attempt to obscure the fact that the speaker’s interpretative choices do not just carry political implications, but are already grounded in politics.
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:42 am
Is there any doubt the name Palestine originally comes from the Egyptian Plst or when the Phoenicians added vowels, Peleshet or Philistine ? At the time the Jews recorded the name Philistine . Both cultures have changed so much since then as to make any debate on who got there first, rather ridiculous .
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/19/2019 at 11:39:12