16
   

What the Universe is Most likely for

 
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:58 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:
Oh, but there is evidence. Every single miracle ever done has been done supernaturally, like the tapeworm that disappeared from inside that one man. That was a miracle performed by Blessed Mother Theresa.

What tapeworm that disappeared from what man? You claim to be presenting evidence of the existence of God and don't think to actually include said evidence?
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 12:55 am
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

Because, God is not limited to a single time like us, he is more fifth-dimensional if you will. Time has no meaning to Him. He knew of our existence before we existed.


How do you know this?
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 03:30 am
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:
That was a miracle performed by Blessed Mother Theresa.


Mother Theresa wasn't quite so blessed as her supporters would have you believe.

0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:20 am
@Poseidon384,
First, your proposition assumes that human exist independently of your god, and that your god is acting with reference to them. Does not your religion tell you that your god created humans? Second, you assume that we can go "find it and go to it." What basis do you have for such an assumption? Finally, if life exists somewhere where humans cannot exist, how do you propose that humans will be able to satisfy their curiosity about that life?
0 Replies
 
ankafil
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 11:54 am
@Poseidon384,
sounds like you trolling...
0 Replies
 
Poseidon384
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:14 pm
@Pearlylustre,
No, it says so in the bible.
Poseidon384
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:15 pm
@Poseidon384,
That God is not limited by time.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:21 pm
@Poseidon384,
Prove your god exist with logic before you make claims that has no logical basis.
There are no rabbits in the sky - because they cannot be proven to exist; logic 101 .
Poseidon384
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You can not prove or disprove the existence of God. That is why we have FAITH.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 07:14 pm
@Poseidon384,
You seem oblivious of logic; you aRe
.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Poseidon384 wrote:
Oh, but there is evidence. Every single miracle ever done has been done supernaturally, like the tapeworm that disappeared from inside that one man. That was a miracle performed by Blessed Mother Theresa.

What tapeworm that disappeared from what man? You claim to be presenting evidence of the existence of God and don't think to actually include said evidence?

What tapeworm that disappeared from what man? You claim to be presenting evidence of the existence of God and don't think to actually include said evidence?
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:20 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

You can not prove or disprove the existence of God. That is why we have FAITH.


Please forgive me if I'm taking this more literally than you intended, but do you see the logic break there? The inability to prove or disprove cannot be the motivation to chose either belief nor non-belief. The "why" for having faith must have another source. To me, it suggests motivated reasoning.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:35 pm
@FBM,
Why is it that people of faith loose all sense of logic?
Prove two negatives with evidence; I wonder if they can?
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think faith can be arrived at by logic. Seems to me that it's family influence, traditions, social identity, promises of eternal reward, etc, that motivate the faith. I've never seen trying to apply logic in an ad hoc manner work out very well. I've always been able to find cracks.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

0 Replies
 
Kolyo
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:53 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Poseidon384 wrote:

You can not prove or disprove the existence of God. That is why we have FAITH.


Please forgive me if I'm taking this more literally than you intended, but do you see the logic break there? The inability to prove or disprove cannot be the motivation to chose either belief nor non-belief.


He's presenting his inability to know whether there's a God as an argument for why faith is necessary -- as a substitute for knowledge. If he could logically prove God's existence, faith and belief would be unnecessary.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:56 pm
@Kolyo,
Yes, that's what I suspected that he meant. That's why I started with "Please forgive me if I'm taking this more literally than you intended." But the way he wrote it seemed to imply that his conclusion (faith) was logically entailed by the premise, ie, that neither proof nor disproof are possible.
Kolyo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:19 pm
@FBM,
Fair enough, and not having proof of God's existence is not proof that we should have faith in God.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:22 pm
@FBM,
They wish to put the burden of proof to others, but that's totally illogical.
Since it's their claim there is a god, they have the obligation to prove what they claim exists. Logic-101.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
To be fair to the OP, I don't think he set out trying to convince non-believers in the existence of his creator. I think he just assumed that there were more believers here who would take it for granted.

But, yes, if someone makes a claim, the burden of proof is on them to prove it, not on others to disprove it.
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:41 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Fair enough, and not having proof of God's existence is not proof that we should have faith in God.


I had to read that a few times, but yes. Lack of proof is nothing but lack of proof. Not justification for either belief, positive or negative. Seems to me suspended judgement is the way to go until proof is found.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/15/2019 at 10:14:57