Posts not showing on subscribers page?

Tue 13 Jan, 2015 08:44 am
Hi, I've just started a Facebook page to go along with my Wordpress blog. However I'm having a few teething troubles and Facebook help is utterly crap so I have come here to get some help (hopefully).
It's not a huge problem but one I just can't get my head round! I have only sent out request to friends who are on my other account to see if this works. The problem is, when I put a post on my business Facebook page it only shows up as a notification at the top right of the page and not an actual post to the timeline of that person. My friends have business pages and they don't seem to have this problem, and when I post from my own personal page it I get likes so I'm wondering if this is Facebooks new way of dragging money out of us as well as all our personal information?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

Dean Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,923 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Tue 13 Jan, 2015 10:13 am
@RootATootToot,
1) Check privacy settings on your page
2) Recognize that reach and engagement vary. Facebook reach is rather low - for every 100 followers, you might be delivering a post seen by 4 of them. That is normal.

Why is it normal? Because we're all bombarded with a ton of FB stuff every day.

How to increase reach and engagement?
* You need to do some reading. I highly recommend Buffer. They know what they are talking about and have tested this stuff so you don't have to.

I also recommend, if you don't have 30 likes on your page, then beg, borrow, steal until you get them, whether that means liking your own page, trading likes or whatever. This way, you can get metrics and start to understand what works, and what doesn't.

Here's another tip for free: use images in your postings. Every. Single. Time. Use Creative Commons licensed works, or photograph or draw them yourself if you can. Why? Because posts with images have a 52% better engagement rate than posts without.
0 Replies