Educational Facebook pages about news, history, society

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:18 am
I am wondering if anyone knows about any Facebook pages specific to my needs.

You see, I absorb so much junk on Facebook, I have decided to unfollow almost everything, start fresh and like a few educational Facebook pages.

I have liked a few news/media pages already, but found it hard to find unbiased or non-propaganda pages which are direct and to the point. If anyone knows of any could you let me know. I am up for humorous pages too!

I was mainly wondering if there are any pages which give posts about facts of history. So I can receive little nuggets of information about what happened in our past and helped construct the world we live in today. It sounds specific, but anything that just helps me broaden my knowledge and my understanding of the present world and society is basically what I am looking for. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,275 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:55 pm
@gregorypeck,
I think you're going about this in a somewhat bass-akwards fashion. Rather than ask for FB pages, it makes more sense to search for reliable historical sites and see if they have presences on FB.

One place I will suggest is the Smithsonian Channel and yes, they have a Facebook page.
0 Replies