cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 08:24 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
That's also been proven by history. That's not going to change in the future.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
I cannot name a point in history where human kind has ever stopped evolving.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:38 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Countries that use propaganda type of campaign to boost the public moral towards peaceful activities, seem to get a boost in their economies.
Maybe because they don't spend such a large portion of their budget on their military?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:03 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Costa Rica is a good example of that. They don't have a military, but they provide universal health care. What I also love about Costa Rica is there is no discrimination. The US has much to learn.

Their people are friendly, and will invite strangers to their homes to look. San Jose, the capital, has a large expats from the US.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 07:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
I wonder how hard it would be, to put a red label on old war propaganda footage?
So that viewers know what they are looking at.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Costa Rica is a good example of that. They don't have a military, but they provide universal health care. What I also love about Costa Rica is there is no discrimination. The US has much to learn.

Their people are friendly, and will invite strangers to their homes to look. San Jose, the capital, has a large expats from the US.

I hate to tell you but discrimination of it's native people is alive and well. It's a country owned by foreign elites and thrives on the advantage taken over it's indigenous people. But yes ---ex-pats from first world countries have exploited this place and their people are having a great life there....not so much the indigenous people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 07:26 pm
@Germlat,
Can you provide some reliable source for your claim?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Could you please tell me some more about how they use the media to influence the atmosphere?
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 09:54 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
I challenge anyone who thinks that they can prove that statement wrong.

Who knows what exactly is your point with that question.

But, surely I think, that if Hitler was alive, and you are in front of him, I doubt you will have guts to call him "coward". Lol.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 09:59 am
@carloslebaron,
I'll let this slide because it's obvious that you did not read the whole discussion.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:05 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
I mean what person out there thinks that the way to get your Countries economy going is by robbing others?
I can't figure it out either.
It has to be the effects of the old propaganda department.
But I want to hear from someone who idolizes thieves.
What is your point of view?

When ww2 was in progress, Germany made trade with several countries of the world to acquire goods and war materials. According to the records, Germany paid very well for fuel, metals, food, etc.

On the other hand, England did the contrary. The countries making an "imposed" trade with England, received the minimum payment under pressure of paying consequences if they continue doing trade with Germany.

These economic abuses made by England were practically stealing the goods from other countries.

By the way, the "richness" of England comes from stealing from other nations, which were colonized in the past, and later under boycotts after they free themselves from the invaders.

You must define again the word "coward" when applies to countries stealing goods from other countries.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:12 am
@carloslebaron,
Really? Than why was he stealing so much land?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:14 am
@carloslebaron,
Do you consider a soldier that in fear of the enemy coming, asks his girlfriend to shot him, brave?
carloslebaron

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 07:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Really? Than why was he stealing so much land?

Taking California and Florida and other lands from Mexico, owning Hawaii by force against Hawaiian rulers, do you really think that Americans are "cowards" because stole lands after wars?

If you disagree, please tell me what is the difference.

From my part, I truly don't think that "stealing" is the appropriate word.

0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 07:39 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Do you consider a soldier that in fear of the enemy coming, asks his girlfriend to shot him, brave?

Is the soldier wounded?

The biblical story of the first king of Israel presented him as a wounded man who also asked to be killed by another guy. I think that there is no difference if the other person is a man, a woman, or a child.

Besides that, who is better than the lover or spouse or a friend to do the task?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 07:52 pm
@carloslebaron,
Yes! Taking property by force is stealing.
It does not matter who does it.
Wars would be easy to fight if it was a mark of bravery to take your own life in the face of the enemy.
parados

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 01:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Claiming suicide is cowardly is based on bias of western culture. Japan has a long tradition of suicide as the honorable thing to do in case of failure.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 01:36 pm
@parados,
Seems logical. ;-)
"Ooh noes, here they come!" "I want to show them how brave I am! " "you guys " "look at me eliminate myself for you!"
parados

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 01:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If you completely ignore Hitler's plans and how they progressed and then failed you could say that. On the other hand, one could say this was the moment that Hitler finally realized that his work had failed and there was no way for him to continue it.

Why does suicide have to be a choice between brave and cowardly? It could be a rational choice or an irrational one that have nothing to do with bravery.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 01:49 pm
@parados,
Dear sir, you can have your point of view.
Mine is "if a person, for whatever reason, robs it's own remaining time, by suicide, they are a coward. "