Help this child with math

zcrane

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:49 am
Think you for your pardon.Actually I am an undergraduate student and I major in mathematics!To my personal opinion, a child can only do well in mathematics when he\she is interested in it.So make he\she feel interested!
0 Replies

gusgizmo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 06:06 am
i had this problem
When I was in fourth grade I had alot of trouble learning long division. I also had trouble learning my times tables in 3rd grade, and it took me into my algebra class in eighth grade to completely memorize my times tables to ten times ten. What really helped me was having someone show me how to do long division, step-by-step several times over. My dad started with problems that were obvious to me as to what the solution was (i.e. 333/111=3), that had solutions without remainders or decimal points, then we moved onto harder problems, after I had the process down.

I am still not very good at long division, which hurt me in algebra 2 this year, but not very much. Before I did my homework after the day we divided a quadratic by a binomial, I had to go over simple long division with myself, but I did get it done.

Anyway, my point is that you don't need to have to be very good (or quick either) at division and multiplication as long as you understand the principles behind them. And you don't need either (at least in the elementary form) to move onto higher math and do well.
0 Replies