What will they name for Reagan next?

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:20 pm
Though it never waited around for him to die before launching on its campaign to name everything in America for Ronald Reagan, I expect that the Ronald Reagan Legacy Project is getting ready to switch into high gear now that the former president is officially, 100 percent, undeniably dead.

The RRLP counts among its successes:
    The Reagan National Airport in Washington D.C. The Reagan federal office building Reagan highways in Florida, California, Ohio, and Illinois The nuclear aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, Kwajalein Atoll (this one seems particularly appropriate

Other projects proposed or on the drawing boards:
    Putting Reagan on Mt. Rushmore Replacing Alexander Hamilton with Reagan on the ten-dollar bill Erecting a Reagan memorial on the Mall in Washington D.C.

So, my question: what do you think would be an appropriate tribute to the memory of Ronald Reagan. And what do you think will be the next big thing named after or dedicated to Reagan?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,383 • Replies: 68
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:24 pm
I'm not just going to speculate, I'm going to TELL you. Monday, the seventh, I am going to officially dedicate my Gameboy to Raegan. The ceremony I have planned will be small, including my wife, daughter and any in-laws who are interested. Eight o'clock central time, if anyone cares. The following day I'll sum things up in a thread.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:25 pm
california
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:25 pm
How's about the Chimp enclosure at San Diego Zoo?

Chimps
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:31 pm
No, no, no, California won't do.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:36 pm
ossobuco wrote:
No, no, no, California won't do.

I agree. It will have to be something big, something fabulously, insanely big. I'm thinking: THE UNITED STATES OF REAGAN.

The Pledge of Allegiance would sound something like this:
"I pledge allegiance to the Reagan
Of the United States of Reagan
And to the Reagan, for which it stands,
One Reagan, under Reagan, indi-Reaganable,
With liberty and Reagan for all.
Amen.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:40 pm
Why stop at the US? I say, go for a planet.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:47 pm
And the moon.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:48 pm
You know, you can fit "Raegan" into that pledge a few more times if you turn it into an adverb.

Example: I pledge Raeganly allegience to the Raeganly Raegan.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:49 pm
I am sure all the grateful citizens of Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua will contribute to any such an effort to mark to passing of a man who made such a mark on their lives (if they still had one by the 1990s).
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:53 pm
Ya know, it's been a long time since anyone's had an ocean named after them. Antarctigo Vespucci was last, and that was... what... 200 years ago?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:03 pm
SCoates wrote:
And the moon.

http://www.epals.com/20thcentury/photos/honeymooners.jpg
One of these days, Alice. . . bang! zoom! right to the REAGAN!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:07 pm
Okay, that got me to laugh out loud.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:08 pm
I say we rename sun "Big Raegan," the earth "Raegan" and the moon "Little Raegan." That's not too confusing.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:33 pm
Do they really want to put reagan on Rushmore!?

Which end?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:25 pm
Individual wrote:
Do they really want to put reagan on Rushmore!?

Which end?

Well, I think they'd want to put his face on it.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:31 pm
The other end is much more attractive, though.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:34 pm
I think that the next anti-personnel mine a US firm markets should be the "RR-(insert number here)" for the selfless work he did for the arms industry.

Failing that 'ketchup/ketsup' could be renamed 'Sauce d'Reagan' and a hybrid tomato grown will actually convert itself into sauce and realise the vision of that man in transforming a condiment to a 'vegetable'.

And never forget his support for the misunderstood science of astrology.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:51 pm
Are peppers technically fruit? I've always said so, but no one ever agrees... or listens... or respects me.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:54 pm
SCoates wrote:
Are peppers technically fruit? I've always said so, but no one ever agrees... or listens... or respects me.

To be honest, no-one wants to lose an argument with a large blob of protoplasm. Sorry to be so brutal about it.
0 Replies