Good ways to kill a thread

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:50 pm
Oh General, you're a bad boy. I like that ;-)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
C.I. Your thread was good. I thought about it and, of course, as Montana observed, I like the way you run. Smile

Deb, You are one provocative bunny. I have wanted to respond to your political threads, but I'm totally ignorant about Aussie stuff. I do read them, however.

Phoenix, my friend. You will never realize how much I appreciate that sincere observation. Sometimes I get on a "poor me" kick.

Takes a Montana and a farmer to set me in proper perspective.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:52 pm
Hee Hee :-D

Always happy to help Letty ;-)
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:55 pm
If you're not the one who started the thread, you could hijack it by cleverly changing subjects. If you're good, other readers will completely forget the originating topic. Surprised)

General Tsao

I just noticed that this posted up twice! How did that happen, 10 minutes apart?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:58 pm
I'm not sure which is my favorite pitchfork. I guess maybe this one...

http://www.coburnco.com/ImageLibrary/Public/Items/large/18-300.jpg

Why do you ask?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:00 pm
Good choice Gus. That's a real nice one ;-)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:11 pm
Hey, General. Welcome to A2K. At first I thought you were being serious, but now I see that it's a gentle jibe.

As for Gus, he's better at pitching woo than pitching hay.

Back later, folks. It's happy hour here at the Letty household.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:17 pm
Cheers Letty. I'd join you, but I've got a lot of gardening to do tomorrow and Gus said he'd lend me his brand new pitch fork. Oh boy!!!! :-D
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:32 pm
i always suspected gus was a pitcher, not a catcher...

(this post has REAL potential for killing the 'kill a thread' thread)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:42 pm
Come on edgar. Even I check in on your threads. Not necessarily to agree, but . . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
You don't got to agree, Roger. That's the beauty of a2k. Diverse minds come together and interact without bloodshed. It's wonderful.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
Region, I suspect that you have no intentions of killing a thread, but I do understand your tongue in cheek.

Rog and edgar, what I tried to do here was to simply focus on how we can make this forum diversified. There are so many categories, and I do wish we could visit them all occasionally, but when we try and make honest observations, and the creator doesn't see fit to even acknowledge our input...DEAD IN THE WATER! That is a reflection on the world at large.

Finn once said that Abuzz was the best forum because of the format.

WRONG!

The only difference that I have observed, is the invitationals, and frankly, that is what Phoenix referred to as cronyism.

Whether I ever meet some of you or not, you are a novel, a short story, a poem, a painter, a chef, a philosopher, a politician, and a soldier.

Tomorrow is D-Day, and I intend to think on war and remembrances...

Incidentally, I don't apologize for my passion, either.

I even read the sex threads... Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:09 pm
Embarrassed You read THOSE threads, letty?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:23 pm
edgar--

I always read your threads. I spent time reading one last night--and was so overwhelmed, I didn't post. Nothing I could say belonged with the tender, evocative vignettes you shared of people you would never forget.

I think you are cherished here by many more than you know. You do us a great honor, sharing your thoughts and remembrances. You are such a deep well of talent and spirit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:32 pm
Aw, thanks sophia, guys and gals. I am the kind of person never knows from one day to next where he stands. It's a character trait, I guess. Mostly, I feel like we are all a big family here. We have the good aunts, the distant cousins, brothers, black sheep, white sheep, what-all - and, like the television family, the Ewings, they can come together for the common defense sometimes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
Sofia wrote:
edgar--

I always read your threads. I spent time reading one last night--and was so overwhelmed, I didn't post. Nothing I could say belonged with the tender, evocative vignettes you shared of people you would never forget.

I think you are cherished here by many more than you know. You do us a great honor, sharing your thoughts and remembrances. You are such a deep well of talent and spirit.

What she said.... Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:56 pm
I ought to be the one doing this: Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:06 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I ought to be the one doing this: Embarrassed

Nah = you oughta be the one doing this:

Shocked Surprised Confused Smile Cool Smile Very Happy Laughing Razz :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:09 pm
Very Happy Smile Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:14 pm
farmerman ~ that's not a beard...it's a flavor saver. :wink: [/color][/quote]

or a womb broom.....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 10:23:35