Good ways to kill a thread

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
first, be very vague about what you're looking for.

Second, Never monitor it.

Third, Respond to a chosen few and ignore the others.

You have any sure fire ways to kill a thread?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,512 • Replies: 203
No top replies

doglover

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:11 pm
Or, post something so ridiculous, wacky, boring and off base, that you scare other posters away. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:16 pm
Right, doglover. I saw a thread by someone today that I was not certain was for real, so I didn't respond.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:32 pm
doglover wrote:
Or, post something so ridiculous, wacky, boring and off base, that you scare other posters away. Mr. Green

I would NEVER.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:38 pm
Oh, of course not; otherwise, they wouldn't get so many views.

Post with the header using '2' instead of 'two'. Use the letter 'u' instead of spelling 'you'.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:48 pm
Post something so slanted, that you only get "me too" answers.

Post something so arcane, that no one knows (or cares) what you are talking about.

Post something that reinforces the idea that there are favored cliques on A2K, so that anyone out of the loop feels intimidated to post to it.

Copy and paste long, involved articles. Do not add any of your own input to it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:05 pm
If Im in the mail notice , I just click STOP RECIEVING UPDATES.

I wish there was some way to block out the entire thread from my in box. Many of these "eternal neverending blah blah threads" just get sappy after a few pages.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
Put the name edgarblythe on it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:07 pm
No, Slappy, of course you wouldn't. Why who in the world accused you of that? How rude. Razz Actually silly things can be fun sometimes, but if they get too long, there's no "hoppin' in" spot.

Yeah, Rog. It's them kids what does that. :wink:

Good ones, Phoenix. On another thread, I think by McGentrix, (or someone) everyone seemed to feel that we needed a moratorium on the cut and paste bit. I tried one....CAPUT! I don't get into politics much for the very reasons that you expressed.

In looking through A2K today, I was concerned about the lack of good stuff, and I'm not being critical, cause people have a right to post what they like.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:11 pm
You know, edgar. I think we all feel invisible sometimes. I know that I do, but I, like you, love the creative stuff and it's good for the mind without being sooooooo long, that it becomes difficult to read.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:17 pm
just like Im always ignored by the women folk. Is it my beard?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:28 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
doglover wrote:

I would NEVER.

LOL Slappy. Mr. Green

farmerman ~ that's not a beard...it's a flavor saver. :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:39 pm
Farmer, both James Joyce and Grant had a beard.

I have invited C.I. and perception here, and I would like for you to look at C.I.'s post concerning political bent. Although it's a cut and paste, it's a good one:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=725554#725554

I really don't care when people interject a little levity into a thread, because that's a wonderful part of culture.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:08 pm
I never ignore you Farmerman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:14 pm
I was joking. I don't ever expect some of my threads to take off; I just start them for the hell of it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:16 pm
Quote:
I think we all feel invisible sometimes.

Letty m'love- you could never be invisible. I think that you are the most"on target" A2Ker! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:26 pm
Thanks for the invite, Letty. There are a couple of A2K posters I never respond to, because once they get their teeth into your skin, they never let go. It gets tiresome very quickly, and I have very little patience. There are several I do not agree with philosophically, but they are generally non-offensive, so I'm able to engage them in discussions. I still think the majority on A2K are "above average."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:29 pm
You run in and stab it several times and run back out, lol!

Sorry Letty, I'm in one of my joking moods. Can you tell? ;-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:32 pm
Run in, then run out. Sounds like good advise to me! LOL
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:49 pm
If you're not the one who started the thread, you could hijack it by cleverly changing subjects. If you're good, other readers will completely forget the originating topic. Surprised)

General Tsao
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Good ways to kill a thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:36:19