izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 06:52 am
@djjd62,
I quite like his tie.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 06:57 am
@djjd62,
http://40.media.tumblr.com/59e1b218c2283bd0fc8af6558348a19b/tumblr_mvtldxT73B1t0xo5zo1_400.jpg

Here in New Jersey, we have Chris Christie.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 07:03 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
And that is not an argument, as to why if a mammoth is cloned, which in this case means brought to life, from death, are the people involved, not the living image of God, as they have just created life, from lifelessness?

If that's your definition of God then you're not setting the bar very high. To me it seems more like the definition of smart, educated people.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 08:47 am
@rosborne979,
The way of the Creationists is to mount a position that coups all others BEFORE the other side even makesany claims.

To claim that cloning a mammoth "proves" the existence of a GOD, sounds like a stroke of panic.

The recipe of introducing relict DNA into a fetus being carried by a host (a mamma), is still frought with error and possibilities for disaster (one of which is the loss of the fetus and host in an endangered or threatened species).
However, it will probably be done by some institution in some country dspite what we say or feel.
Im kind of ambivalent about doing it because , in one way, it shows the world the relationship between the genome , its content, and the phenotype of the cloned beast. It will be the closest to Jurassic Park as we may be able to get since the degredation of DNA/RNA and osteocalcin and other bio active chemicals, occurs fairly rapidly after 50K years.
I hear that some of the biochemists are actually looking at very old (EOCENE) fossils where something that looks like nucleotide crystals can be seen in a keratin matrix. Also, many genomes actually retain "fossil DNA" in a turned OFF condition and these SNP positions can be "resurrected " by learning the arrangements nd other DNA positions involved in turning the stuff "ON"

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 08:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Jesus Frank, we have KIDS looking in on this stuff. I can see years of therapy after seeing that portrait of your good guvnah!.
I see hes starting to do his "Im really a conservative" display, after vetoing that hog proposal that, if he voted his states interest, would have pissed off the farming base of the GOP.

I assume that, if he succeeds in winning the primaries and gains the 16 pres nomination he will then become the "Rainbow Chameleon" nd open his world to all kinds of folks and stripes
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't like his tie, but if we're going to one up over fat politicians I'll have to play the trump card. Eric Pickles.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/pickles.jpg
rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
To claim that cloning a mammoth "proves" the existence of a GOD, sounds like a stroke of panic.

It's a clumsy and desperate attempt to conflate technical skill with deific powers purely to push forward a specious view of both science and religion, thus muddying the waters sufficiently to try to sneak through some cockamamie argument.

We've seen a lot of this "muddy the waters" strategy from people lately. Some of them are even going so far as to "fall for their own bullshit", which is the height of desperation, and quite entertaining Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:04 am
@izzythepush,
Cyril Smith?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:05 am
@izzythepush,
Isn't science marvellous!

Scientists make me hot.

Pretty much gonna have to be a Darlene or Daphne - so she can make more babies.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:08 am
@ehBeth,
A female Mammoth?

Had females been invented back then?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
We have to see where the DNA "donor" ws found. If it came from the Magadan / Kamchatka areas, shed need a suitble Russian name. like Bubbie, or Pani or Babushka .

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
That would be a different thread.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:24 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Scientists make me hot.

It depends on the scientist, but Tori Herridge is quite lovely.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:12 am
@izzythepush,
Or Liz Bonnin.

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:18 am
@Lordyaswas,
Is she one of the Frederick's of Hollywood Angels?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:39 am
@farmerman,
She's a presenter on "Bang goes the theory"

Here's herself talking about Beryllium.

Sigh.

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
Beryllium--i thought it was going to be about one of those horse-faced, buck-toothed high society daughters of the Lord Haw-haw set.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:02 pm
@Setanta,
Now you're talking!

0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:34 pm
@rosborne979,
Creating life from technical skill is still creating life........
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:36 pm
@farmerman,
Creating life from death, or anything else, is the definition of God. Get over it, you know this to be true, and have always mocked the idea, now that humans are doing this, suddenly creating life does not matter anymore.

All life matters, always.