Ever been to Fishhook, South Africa?

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
A lady friend who's been living in Southeast Texas for the past few years has become lonesome to go home. Her hometown is Fishhook. It's a fishing village not far from Capetown. I wish I had questioned her about it whenever I had the chance. But now she's gone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,246 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:00 pm
Sounded familiar, but can't place it in relation to Cape Town. Was in South Africa a couple of years ago on a safari tour that included Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa. When we visited Cape Town, we also visited Stellenbosch, a nice college town.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:25 pm
She is such a wonderful person. I hated to see her move away.
0 Replies

tokoloshe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:23 am
used to go camping as a kid there nice place
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:09 am
I read a letter from the Fish Hook woman last week. She has been travelling and only just got an apartment in South Africa. Turns out she was moved by personal circumstance to live in another town not far from there.
0 Replies

safricanmommy

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 02:40 am
Did you find her? I can try if you like, i don't live far away from Cape Town. Fishhoek is actually part of Cape Town, a suburb quite far away from the city center. Just let me know, i can look it up in the phone book
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 04:38 am
She has been writing to a mutual friend, so, I have seen that she is doing well. I think I won't intrude on her privacy, but, thanks for offering.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
safric, I knew Fishhoek sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. We visited Seal Island and Cape Point in addition to staying in Stellenbosch for one night. Would we have been close to or passed through Fishhoek by any chance?
0 Replies

safricanmommy

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:21 pm
cicerone, you could very likely have passed through fishhoek because it is close to where you were - just on the other side of cape point to seal island.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:34 pm
Is this Fishoek?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/img085.jpg
0 Replies

safricanmommy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:36 am
It is not Fishhoek exactly, but a place just around the corner called 'Boulders'
0 Replies