Job interview: What do you do if your interviewer falls asleep?

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 08:36 pm
Ok, you've scored a job interview for your dream job. It seems to be going well until you notice your interviewer has fallen asleep. Should you cough? Shake their shoulder? Stop talking until they wake up? It's not necessarily a reflection on you, you know, maybe they were up all night with a new baby ... or a new girlfriend...

chai2

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 08:51 pm
@Banana Breath,
I'd say "hello....are you ok?" and wake them up.

Maybe he had narcolepsy, or you're really boring Wink

Seriously, there could have been many valid reasons, a seizure, narcolepsy, some medication he was on.

It's not about you.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 08:52 pm
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:

.... interview for your dream job.

Or he could have been showing you how the job was to be done.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 09:11 pm
@Banana Breath,
You should try to wake him up, because he may have some health issues that may need attention. If he doesn't respond, you should get the attention of another employee at the company.
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 10:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There's a man I know that goes to the same swimming pool I do. He spends most of his time sitting on a bench and reading. Sometimes he lies down, basks in the sun, sleeps maybe.

A few weeks ago, I noticed him leaning over a bit, and thought his face looked funny (strange). A bit later, when I turned around, he was still sitting, but laying back with his head hanging back and his arms outstretched to the sides. Suddenly his arms and head and body starting jerking really wierdly, and I realized he was having a seizure.

I got the lifeguards attention, and he looked down from his stand at my friend for a moment, then jumped down and ran to him. Long story short, my pool friend came out of it and told the guard he was "just sleeping" I said "Joe, that was Not jerking in your sleep, you were having a seizure" Other patrons at the pool agreed. He was stubborn, so I simply said "Joe, I think you need to get this checked out" But of course, he's a grown man, and makes his own decisions.

I think people need to overcome hesitancy if they see something out of the norm occur, and step forward to help.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 11:24 pm
@chai2,
We shouldn't forget; we're our brother's keeper - even as job seekers.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 01:52 am
@Banana Breath,
If I was desperate for the job, I would sneak round behind him/her, dangle my doogly next to his or her left ear and take a selfie.

Then, after checking he/she was OK, I would demand 200k a year and a company credit card.

Ooh....wait......First, before checking whether he/she is dead or not, I would check to see if my doogly pic came out OK.
0 Replies