"Fahrenheit 9/11" to Open June 25th in 1,000 Theaters

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:28 am
Maybe I didn't notice, but no one's put up Moore's actual response to people who say that "Bowling for Columbine" was false. In case your interested:

What Moore himself has to say to those who claim "Bowling" is full of lies:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

In any case, I've seen his shows "TV Nation", "The Awful Truth", and "Bowling" and was very entertained. Remember, he's not just political. He's a satirist, so one needs to keep that in mind when they watch his work.

And from what I've seen in his work so far, if even HALF of what he says is true, its STILL scary as hell !
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:36 am
There's not many on this forum who understand satire, JO.

Just like Jon Stewart insisting that The Daily Show is not a real news broadcast. Even that is a part of his satire -- he is documenting news events but with a veiwpoint of ironic humor. BTW, his recents guests have been dynamite.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:45 am
Oh, and thanks for the link -- I was looking for it as we have our share of Wackos on A2K. Of course, they only want to read the fabricated redneck response to the film concocted by amateur sleuths who know zip about filmmaking.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:20 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Of course, they only want to read the fabricated redneck response to the film concocted by amateur sleuths who know zip about filmmaking.

Which is probably the reason why no one has attacked Moore's response to their claims his film was bogus.

The silence from the conservatives is deafaning Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 04:17 pm
They'll continue to gnash and snarl over their fear of Moore's insight into politics. What have they got on their side? Humorless, moribund snarlers who wouldn't know satire from backfire.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 04:58 pm
Or it could just be the nauseating self-satisfied smugness emanating from this thread thats turned them away ...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:04 pm
I think you have the corner on that market.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:51 pm
Unhuh ... "There's not many on this forum who understand satire, JO."

(Because you know, dear JO, it's just you and I, Lightwizard, who appreciate the finer elements of art and humour - the others, obviously, are to be pitied for their inferiority in these matters. Cheap criticism, all, theirs, when they say things which Respected Movie Critics have long refuted! Why, they'll continue to gnash and snarl over their fear of Moore's awe-evoking insight into politics ... no wonder the silence from the conservatives is deafening! They are obviously intimidated by our display of superior taste and insight.)

LOL
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:52 pm
schappes
I'm astonished that you have the ability to get into our heads and see exactly what we are thinking from the commentary written on these pages. Such an amazing talent. It is a pity you don't put it to use more often. You're laughing that you can do what Moore is accused of doing -- adding things that were not written like "awe-evoking" and "cheap criticism." Is this your seventh or eighth schnapps?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:53 pm
Again, conservative humor: an oxymoron.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:49 am
Hey nimh, its not MY fault I appreciate the finer elements of art and humour. My "superior taste and insight" was born in me. I just let it bloom naturally Laughing
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:15 pm
MOORE HIRES POLITICAL ADVISORS TO PROTECT "F911"

(Excerpt from CNN article)

To counteract efforts challenging "Fahrenheit 9/11," he (Michael Moore) has hired Chris Lehane and Mark Fabiani, two former political advisers to Bill Clinton and Al Gore, to establish a "war room" that will immediately support any claims made in the movie that come under attack.

The group, he said, will be staffed by six to seven people and will operate 24 hours a day, monitoring newscasts and scanning newspapers, magazines and other publications for statements made discrediting the movie.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/13/moore.blair.reut/index.html
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
It's about time -- although he adequately explained his viewpoint and the data in "Bowling," the nitpickers were at it like locust after one grain of wheat. That it only spawned but a handful of amateur sites and really provided little or no proof, it's fueled the conspiracy theory that Moore's films are all 100% fiction. They quote sources that are out-of-date or second hand. It's that river in Egypt and Moore should be Step One for those who worship our leaders, both political and corporate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
LW,

Is your goal actually to make people dislike the film (and yourself)?

Ugh!
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:37 pm
Craven:

I am sure blood, sweat and tears went into the making of "F911". Michael Moore is deeply concerned about his film being attacked and his fears are not unfounded.

Time will tell just how intense these attacks will be. The countdown-12 days to go.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:54 pm
I believe Craven is being facetious -- I cannot convince anyone who has made up their mind to hate anything Moore produces to like this film. I'm not going to make them into friends, either, unless they accept arguments of their friends. If they don't, they aren't my friends in the first place.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:59 pm
BTW, as I've said before I don't expect Moore to be flawless in his presentation. He does get a little carried away but not enough to destroy his arguments. I believe he is baiting the opposition and when they come out snarling, they do have a tendency to give themselves away.

I have to admit I shamelessly baited a couple of times on this thread and instead of opposing argument, it provoked ad hominem attacks.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 02:13 pm
couzz,

I'm not a fan of Moore but don't hate him or anything. I don't much care either way.

I was referencing extremely off-putting behavior here on this thread, not by Mr. Moore.

I'll exit the same way the others went.
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:50 pm
I am very excited to see this movie. I had hoped it would have been released on the July 4th weekend as it was originally intended because my mom is getting married June 25th and now I'll have to wait a week before I can see it.

I'm reading 'Dude, Where's My Country' right now and I'm growing to respect Michael Moore very much. I plan on taking my mom to see 'Fahrenheit 9/11' with me. She's a Bush supporter. And I'll do anything to sway her to the other side. You'd think having a gay son would help change her mind. Think again.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:16 pm
Gosh, Craven, if that is the gist of what you wanted to add, I'd say it's not the thread for you. Others that have come aboard have done so by stating they wanted to start something just because they film was being praised, not because they had any constructive criticism. Insults like "pinko" on their way out the door is hardly a valid argument. We've had to clean up the doorknob more than once.
0 Replies