International Beauty Pageants

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:07 am
Miss Universe, Ms. World, Ms.America........Ms. this.........Ms.that?

Whats the idea behind holding these pageants and parading beautiful, young women as if, they were a herd of goats?
Don't you agree that the novelty of organising such shows has outlived its usefulness?

I have talked about this with several people and they all give these shows a big thumbs down?
Debate!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 715 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:38 am
Personally I was never a big fan of parading women or any one around like cattle. Even though I do not like them, it seems at least that these pageants are beginning to also highlight the women's intelligence, which is a positive thing. Also many of these women get scholarships for future education which can be huge for some of these women. In any case, I have a thumbs down, as generally the emphasize is on beauty rather than more concrete qualities.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:55 am
Strange thing, my wife actually watched Miss Universe last night (I couldn't care less myself), and started laughing hysterically. I asked her what was so funny and she said "Miss Jamaica just said her hobby was firin' pistahls!" Mrs cav's family is West Indian, so I understand why she found that funny. Laughing No slurs were intended in this post, but it was pretty amusing...
0 Replies