rwanda is amazing

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 12:42 pm
Does anyone remember Rwanda? Ive been there, it's amazing!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,480 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
I would love to go. Sadly, all I saw of Rwanda was the Last Just Man documentary - about the Canadian general Romeo Dallaire's leadership of the UN mission during the genocide.... but I got the general idea of the country's beauty. They must call it the Paradise on Earth for something!-
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 02:42 pm
The same genocide is now ongoing in the Sudan. As usual I ask the question where is the UN. What is it's function? Why does it exist? Is it a debating society? A money pit? A place for foreign dignitaries to get a paid vacation? Question
0 Replies

judithlawrence

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:34 am
Noone does anything in this world and when someone tries noone listens. It is the same for Sudan as it was for Rwanda. Everyone ignored Romeo Dallaire when he stood up and asked for some way of helping, for permission to risk his life to save others. Noone listens. Rwanda is a beautiful place, there are places where you can go inside mountains and spend a day with a family of gorillas, but there are still killings even now. It was initiated by power and they used the airwaves to make the genocide widespread. Its been ten years and even now they feel forgotten and are still trying to pick up the pieces, but they can't say Im sorry! It's an amazing place, but can all other countries that go through these mass killings come back as they did? With a simple joy for life? I don't think so. Why are we not doing anything? Why does noone listen?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:36 am
Because it's happening to the other guy not me.
0 Replies

judithlawrence

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 01:01 pm
but that's just it! With the entire "me me me!" attitude our world has attained over time we have lost sight of what really counts! We all came from the same space, the same creation the same miracle. We are all the same, so by watching out for our brothers and sisters we are caring for ourselves! If we help people in africa learn more about sex or even pollution and help them fix it we will have less global warming and less aids outbreaks. Simple things can change so much
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 01:05 pm
uh oh - I agree with you generally, although it will probably never happen.
But I just had to react...
If you help people in Africa learn about pollution it will be less global warming?????

Gee, I want to scream now. Breathe deep....shhhhhhhh.....

IF YOU HELP PEOPLE IN USA LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT POLLUTION IT WILL BE LESS GLOBAL WARMING!!!
0 Replies

judithlawrence

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:36 pm
I am not american, but I agree with you completely. I was just talking about education in general, and since the us seems to completely refuse to do their part it is easier to work with those who are willing to open their eyes and learn. The US seems to be very good at pointing out faults in other countries and exploiting them, but not so great at fixing their own. We can only hope that someday they will lose their pure capitalistic point of view and consider life for others.... hopefully not too late.
0 Replies