Let's start a discussion about investing

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 12:39 pm
I think a2k can use a forum on Investing. We can make suggestions, talk about our successes and failures, what makes the best investment strategies, and how we compare for the short-term and long-term in our investments.

We have our investments logged with CNNMoney that tracks our investments for us. For the week ending October 24, this was our results compared to the DOW and S&P500.

Quote:
Portfolio's Performance
............. 1 week....1 month....3 month.... 1 year.... YTD
You.........2.6%........-0.3%.........0.3%......11.7%.....9.4%
DJIA.......2.6%........-1.8%......... -0.9%......7.9%.....1.4%
S&P 500..4.1%.......-0.9%......... -0.7%......11.6%....6.3%

I've also had some experience with financial management of some small corporations that resulted in their success. I also did some consulting during my working life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 01:56 pm

The link you provided does NOT help at all.
Please do not spam this forum.
Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The link you provided does NOT help at all.
Please do not spam this forum.

Don't spend on personal investors...the majority don't have the expertise or knowledge you are looking for.... Even corporate investors are still confused (though they don't take a cut back)...
Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:39 pm
@Germlat,
The "professionals" most people rely on are not that at all. Even if commission means something...some don't know what the hell they're doing...just bookies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:53 pm
@Germlat,
Also, there have been many investment companies established to fraud the people who invest with them. They're usually pyramid schemes that eventually runs out of new investors to pay the established investors their promised returns. The founder of the company spends their money on mansions, boats, and luxury cars, and lives on other people's hard earned money - eventually to learn that their retirement savings are gone!

If it's too good to be true; it's usually a scam. Even many 'smart' people get taken, because of church affiliation or their family and friends refer them to the scammers. If they're lucky, they may get back pennies on the dollar; usually nothing.
Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Also, there have been many investment companies established to fraud the people who invest with them. They're usually pyramid schemes that eventually runs out of new investors to pay the established investors their promised returns. The founder of the company spends their money on mansions, boats, and luxury cars, and lives on other people's hard earned money - eventually to learn that their retirement savings are gone!

If it's too good to be true; it's usually a scam. Even many 'smart' people get taken, because of church affiliation or their family and friends refer them to the scammers. If they're lucky, they may get back pennies on the dollar; usually nothing.

Yes...I agree. My spouse is a corporate investor. I hear stories you wouldn't believe. Most people don't have the credentials or expertise to advise anyone....and even if they do..it's cut-throat!!
0 Replies

Marie Louise

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 12:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
In short-term most of the beginners in options trading like to invest because this is cheaper than long-term investment. I am new here and now searching some good source to learn more about trading and found this forum. Also I found some videos of Market taker mentoring useful for me.
0 Replies