J.F.K. Begins Screening Passengers for Ebola

mark noble

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Then you likely know you are wrong.
Marburg, along with all 5 strains of ebola have a 90% potential mortality rating.
Marburg has a higher fatality rate, but has yet to spread sufficiently to qualify its average.
Smallpox doesn't exist anymore (Outside certain labs).
None of the others are viruses.
We are discussing VIRAL diseases btw - Thought that was self-evident.
Otherwise Heart disease would top the list.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm
ogod.....this is why I hate coming on to a2k... jeezus

Mark Noble said
Quote:

But death by skiing is not contagious.
And is not the NO1 deadliest disease known to man.
Ebola IS.

And it's not.

okay? Now you start mumbling about how we were talking about viral disease,
not according to YOU.

Joe(please don't waste my time.)Nation
mark noble

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:52 pm
@Joe Nation,
Yes - I believed 'viral' was implied - Clearly an error.
Deadliest Viral Disease.
I also wrote Lhasa instead of Lassa - To much geography while on toilet.
Anyway - If the exponent is removed from the spread-rate of ebola (which is doubling every 4 weeks) By September 2016 - 5.2 Billion will be dead - Now that's a fact.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 07:17 pm
@mark noble,
You are so full of crap.

The Marburg virus is not a strain of the Ebola virus. They are completely different species. I see why you are making that up. Since Marburg is more deadly than Ebola, it does contradict you silly little claim that Ebola is the most deadly viral infection.

If you make the claim that Ebola is the most deadly viral infection, calculated by mortality rate, that has six letters starting with the letter 'E', then at least you might be factually correct.

But what was your point again?
Miller

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:30 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

ps - Boston has a case now, also.

The patient in question, on Sunday, went to a local Health Care Facility, where he was evaluated and then transported via ambulance to Beth Isreal-Deaconess hospital.

Recall, that a Dallas nurse has now been ID'd as being infected with Ebola,
most likely via the patient she was caring for.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:45 am
@Miller,
Do you see how ridiculous this is? Every patient that has a fever is now going to be reported in the newspapers as having Ebola.

Mark is already certain that there is a patient in Boston with Ebola (based on a newspaper story of someone in Boston with a fever). I bet there isn't. It is all hype.

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:49 am
@maxdancona,
I bet you are right, Max, there is always a swing towards over care....especially now that we know that a black man with a fever who just came from Africa (the chart apparently didn't say any of the affected countries, I'm betting that's because the folks in Texas are too dumb to know anything about geography) was RELEASED, despite his claim of stomach pain...

Could it be because he was uninsured??

Joe(yeah, I think so)Nation
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do you see how ridiculous this is? Every patient that has a fever is now going to be reported in the newspapers as having Ebola.

Mark is already certain that there is a patient in Boston with Ebola (based on a newspaper story of someone in Boston with a fever). I bet there isn't. It is all hype.

What's ridiculous is the fact that some of the medical assistants are not the most intelligent individuals in the world. You'd think that sticking a thermometer into a patients throat and recording the temp would a simple affair.

A woman recently went to see her PCP for a routine visit. The medical assistent inserted the thermometer into the patients mouth and announced "I can't get your temperature." After the temp, the BP was measured and the patient was sent home.

Once home, the patient checked the data from her visit and noticed her temp was recorded as 99F. She contacted the medical office and was told the medical assistant had recorded the %oxygen saturation, where the temp was supposed to be recorded.

It's the little mistakes that add up to really big problems.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:00 pm
@maxdancona,
I never stated marburg was ebola - It says ',along with'.
Can you read?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Again - You fail to read.
It says 'a case in Boston' - Not 'a confirmed case in Boston'.
Is there any way at all, I can make a post without you altering the context?
Just go get your vaccine - All will be better then.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:28 pm
@mark noble,
There is no case in Boston. There is not a single person in Boston right now who has Ebola.
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:34 pm
@maxdancona,
An entire hospital in Mass' was quarantined yesterday - Are you even following current events?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 10:09 pm
@mark noble,
That's ridiculous.

How many people in the hospital actually had ebola? (Hint: it is fewer than one).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 01:12 pm
@mark noble,
There is a 4 square block area in the neighborhood of the first Texas nurse, that's been blocked off, due to a fear of possible contamination.

Isn't this a bit extreme?
Miller

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 01:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is no case in Boston. There is not a single person in Boston right now who has Ebola.

That I doubt. If you've ever been to Cambridge , Ma ( Harvard, MIT, City with dirty,dirty, dirty CABS) you'd probably never say that...(: I doubt that very many of the cabbies in that City even speak English!
mark noble

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 06:30 am
@Miller,
No.
I would close and contain the entire city.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 08:06 am
@Miller,
I work in Cambridge Ma. Most of the cabbies speak here two or three languages (unlike many Americans). There have been zero cases of ebola here.
mark noble

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 09:01 am
@maxdancona,
Not wanting to point out the frikkin obvious - But, seeing as ALL confirmed cases outside of W. Africa (Denmark and Dubai pending) have been in Dallas, Texas - It is likely known by anyone who gives a toss - There have been NO cases in Cambridge Ma.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 09:19 am
@mark noble,
Mark, we are talking about Massachusetts because you brought it up (just a few posts ago).

http://able2know.org/topic/256913-2#post-5787477

mark noble

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 09:26 am
@maxdancona,
I know - Nice tone change btw, Max.
But, There are no cases outside of Dallas expected until Saturday.
Next US case wont be until Sunday.