Removing a 'like' from a Facebook page

akafakt

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:54 am
I have a single 'like' on my Facebook page, which appears on the left of my timeline under "Liked by this page". I can find no way of removing this now unwanted like. None of the answers I have found on Google work, or else they suggest actions apparently not possible or available on my page.

I have tried going to the page in question and clicking on its 'like' button, so as to toggle it and have the page 'unliked', but I consistently get the response "Your request couldn't be processed. There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.". This has been going on for weeks now...

Any help very gratefully received.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,182 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 06:01 am
@akafakt,
You mean you liked something (e. g. a film) and now you can't 'unlike' it, as opposed to someone hitting like on your page, yes?

Because this is a page's like, make sure you are acting as the page in question (hit the gear wheel in the upper right corner and toggle it to the page). If that doesn't work, all I can think of is to see if you can block the liked page.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 06:26 am
@akafakt,
If YOU liked a site, then that message went out to all your friends and friends of the site you liked. So it would be very difficult to "remove" that like.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 06:36 am
@akafakt,
Do you mean the other page likes your page, or that you like another page?

If the other page likes your page, you cannot change that.

If it is your like, you have to go to the other page and "unlike" it.

From your description it appears that it is the other page liking your page. That stays.
0 Replies