0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 04:30 pm
everything makes perfect sense,
but only at the moment
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 07:48 pm
Arn't we supposed to "imagine" we just woke up and it was all a dream?

Do we create our own reality? My eyes are crossing ~ I need caffein.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:34 pm
Babs,

No Time, No space.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 10:41 am
Ash says, "no time, no space...no soul, no self."

In short, Einstein's scientific revelation of the Space/Time/Matter Continuum is a hoax! No chance!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 10:56 am
Quote:
Science is a religion,
just as Christianity, Buddhism etc etc etc are. It's all a matter of what makes it easier for you to go on. If
Quote:
belief in a Christian God makes it possible for you to live your daily life
, fine, do that, just don't ask me to believe along with you.
Quote:
I have my own set of beliefs and doubts that keep me moving forward

I think the ability to have our own belief system is one of the joys of living in a reasonably free society.

edited as this wasn't supposed to be a direct response to Bib's post above. I don't want it to look like a CHARGE! ATTACK! It was a matter of odd timing. The bits in quotes are from this and another site.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 11:34 am
Bible,

Actually, Buddhism is in greater agreement with modern physics and mathematics than any of the Abrahamic religions.

Einestien wasn't wrong, but he wasn't providing us with the Unified Field Theory either. Quantum Physics and the mathematics that support it, are quite close to the statements I've made above. There are no conflicts that I know of, and I do keep a toe in with folks who do serious work in the field.

Can you prove you, or anything else exists? "I think, therefore I am" is about as good as anyone has ever argued for existence. How real is thought? Can you show it to me? Hold it in your hands? Where does thought come from? Might not the thinker be only a thought? Could not the thought and the thinker be one?

Once you've had a crack at the philosophical foundations of Buddhism, try to explain the many and obvious contradictions and impossiblities that lie at the heart of the Abrahmic religions. BTW, we don't kill folks for disagreeing with us, but the history of your religion is bloody almost beyond belief.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 01:19 pm
Imagine - You die, you wake up
Babs, "Life is but a dream?" Yes, but in lucid dreaming we are able to "get into the dream" and alter the outcome of the dream, or make changes. We can do that in this dream, too. We are powerful spiritual beings and can re-design who and what we are, go on to be more powerful, more healthy, more whatever. Of course this also depends on our karma but I think we are capable of knowing the changes we can make, cannot make, too.

A law of Metaphysics: There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. Exclamation
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 03:25 pm
WELL... I WILL SAY THIS, - BIB & ASH SURE
KNOW HOW TO F*** UP A WET DREAM!!

All I wanted was a little civil conversation, nothing heavy
it is only a little "what if" kind of conversation - nothing to
weigh in heavy over or try to prove superiority over one
another. good grief charlie brown@!!! Sheeeshh,
I am gonna have to quit posting topics altogether.
With no selfs, & no egos, parading about stating beliefs
would be ridiculous or redundant -now wouldn't it?
*MIKEY, MANY THANKS for the eloquent remark -
"that who knows, as not one has yet returned to tell the tale."
and thanks also to
HAZLITT - many thanks for your simple, well chosen quote!

This TOPIC was in no way intended to be a discussion of
religions or beliefs nor any of that kind of stuff, I only
mentioned the word religion to point out that religion is most
defintetly NOT AT ALL the topic here........just a simple little
conversation, a what if, a little fun and a lively discussion.
Spirituality is an area, a topic that no one can prove knowledge
OR ignorance or expertise about, it isn't a creation of mankind,
with their silly tenets, verses and laws.
But alas, instead, I get the two gurus of A2K - debating
their differences on religions & theories & on MY THREAD,
of all places !!!! Which I MIGHT add I do not appreciate,
It IS most truly a pain in the a**!!!!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 03:27 pm
Many thanks to all the rest of you who attempted
to get into the discussion as it was stated, sorry
it turned out to be a bust.
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 08:12 pm
Good old Babs Very Happy love your post. I imagine everyday. It keeps me from allowing my heart to disentergrate. I choose not to listen so much to my head for I was corrupted, and each and everyday I pray though not to God But a self meditation. I want to talk to you for I view you as a friend. This is not the place. E-Mail me if you wish Question [email protected]
0 Replies

twyvel

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:29 pm
Well when you create a thread you have to be opened to whatever happens as you invite the world. Smile

Spirituality is no simple issue as we don't even know what the word refers to.
All drops of water are water, as all thoughts are thoughts, so how is one thought spiritual and another not? In meaning?

I don't think your thread was a bust, its an intriguing question, point is, Who wakes up? And into what, another dream?

I want to know what's going on and if debating helps in the direction then so be it, although perhaps not here. Very Happy

I agree with Asherman, although saying nothing exists is like reading the last sentence of a book, as few know what your references are. And if nothing else this thought right here and the awareness of it exists, although they may be one and the same. But exist they do, however fleeting and ephemeral they may be.

If all this is truly a dream then it is as Ramana said, "There are no other people, nor you". As they have no independent existence.

You are all your percepts; all the other people.

Allan Watts, "And here you were thinking that you were interacting with other people". No, no, no they're all you.

I dream you well.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 03:18 pm
Recall reading one of Taylor Caldwell's books decades ago, I believe it was about Cicero. Anyhow, he had met a wonderfully beautiful woman that as a young man he loved beyond measure. Somehow, he lost her and never recovered from the loss, though he did marry and was a very good, charitable and caring person to the end but with deep sadness.

He died a very old man and was reunited with this woman in spirit. Imagine how overcome he must have been. In expressing his happiness, he said to her. "Oh, I dreamed that I was a sick, old and decrepid man."

Maybe it depends on what side of a "dream" we are on. I've read several books where someone is aware they are living two separate lives. So, which is the dream?

I like to have fun with these ideas, but NOT about to get real serious. Anything, but anything, is possibly true for someone.

Tex-Star
0 Replies