Is booking a room online the best way to get a room?

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 10:59 pm
Hi everyone. I'm going to Florida this month to go see my parents and I wanted to know the best way to book a room. I hate it when hotels give you the noisy rooms or the ones that stink. Any help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,169 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 11:02 pm
@sarahtinseley25,
They will never guarantee a specific room, if that helps.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:30 am
@sarahtinseley25,
Try trivago.com. You can always look for consumer ratings, location, amenities, and cost. Some times a three star hotel is better than a four star hotel.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 01:38 am
@sarahtinseley25,
I tend to use the stick thing that sits on the hall table.

Pick up the earpiece, hold it to your ear and tap the metal button on the stick until a nice lady asks what number you require.
Tell her that you want to be connected to the hotel in Florida that usually has the black and white cat sleeping under the umbrella stand.

Their cream teas are scrummy.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:32 am
@sarahtinseley25,
The best way to book a hotel room is via carrier pigeon.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:43 am
@sarahtinseley25,
Most hotels do not reserve by room whether you book over the phone or on the internet. What I suggest is when you check in - ask to have a quiet room or one away from the elevators, maybe toward the end of the halls -- these tend to be quieter than others.

You may also want to read reviews -- for example tripadvisor often times will give tips like ask for a room on a higher floor so you do not hear the traffic or rooms on the east side are near the highway so they tend to be louder.

Then when you check in ask if you can a room on a higher floor on the south side of the hotel, etc. If they have one available at the time of check in, the front desk will try to accomodate you.

If when you go in the room and you find it noisy or smelly - call the front desk and tell the problem and see if they can provide you a different room -- do this almost right when you get in your room and before you use anything.

Most hotels want to make their guests happy so if you ask nicely and politely they do try to accomodate you if it is at all possible, but be reasonable.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 06:08 am
@sarahtinseley25,
Call a GOOD hotel.
Don t cheap out.
That 's how I handle it.

David
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:15 am
@sarahtinseley25,
Quote:
I hate it when hotels give you the noisy rooms or the ones that stink. Any help?

Ask them how much the upgrade is from their noisy and stinky rooms.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:35 am
I still think that the black and white cat is the way to go, personally.
margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:39 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yep. My choice almost every time.

If they have no cat at all, that mean ALL rooms are stinky.
0 Replies