Can a mother of 3 do a 12 month LPN program?!

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 08:43 pm
Hello all,
I am 27 years old. I have a 8, 5, and 1 month old. I am about to start a 12 month LPN program at the end of December. Today someone told me that is going to be tough because that's two years of learning material crammed into one. The school is a technical college that specializes in nursing only. The courses are MON-FRI 7-330. The father of my children works 3-11, and can take care of the baby while the other kids are at school and my mother will keep the baby in the 1-2 hour difference when he goes to work until I get home. I really want this, I have the desire to better myself and be able to provide much more for my kids than what they have. I have had all this confidence and now I am a bit shaken. Please will some fellow LPNS who have done this 12 month program let me know that its not the most difficult thing in the world and that a high honor graduate from highschool who also took dual enrollment in HS, a 10 year CNA with nursing home experience who primarily worked with LPN's has fair chance of making it even though she has a family at home? I want this, I need some encouragement. Thanks in advance you lovely nurses!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:45 am

I don't know if the workload is excessive, but I know the solution if it is.

If going to school full time while raising three children is too much, then go to school part time. Spread the workload over two or three years.
0 Replies