whether because of

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 06:09 am
Hello. I decided to use 'whether because of' in the sentence below but since I have never seen this before, I googled it and it seems correct. However, I would like confirmation from you native speakers and to know whether there is a better way of wording that sentence. Thanks a bunch.

The incorrect use of questionnaires in professional practice is common, whether because of poor translation, excessive number of adaptations, or similarity between the assessment parameters.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 902 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Doubtful
contrex
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 07:47 am
'Whether because of' is OK, and you are using it correctly, but in the first part I think you meant 'The use of incorrect questionnaires'.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 07:52 am
@contrex,
Agreed, the phrase due to could also be used in place of because of.
0 Replies

Doubtful

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 09:32 am
@contrex,
'Whether because of' is OK, and you are using it correctly, but in the first part I think you meant 'The use of incorrect questionnaires'.

Hi Contrex, thanks for the feedback. In fact it is the incorrect use of assessment instruments but I replaced this by 'questionnaires' to make it simpler. Smile The instruments are indeed used incorrectly quite often.
0 Replies