Would someone check my essay, please? :-)

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:26 pm
Hello my dear fellow classmates,

I am standing here today to introduce you and tell you some interesting facts about our colleague named Spencer Taliaferro. Even though I've known her for only a week and a half, I can already tell she is an interesting person with many qualities and great personality, and I hope you are all interested in hearing her story.

At the first sight, Spencer is a tall teenage girl, with big brown eyes whose color reminds of chocolate and long straight blonde hair which frames her face nicely. Her calming and toned-down voice matches her personality and makes her a comfortable person to talk to. We all know this, so lets find some more about our dear classmate and friend...

Spencer was born on July 17th in 1997 in Montreux, Switzerland to Christina and Robert Taliaferro, who have met a few years earlier in Australia, where they both went to improve their knowledge of the English language. Spencer spent the first few years of her childhood in her homeland, but because of her parents' job in the field of tourism management she moved to France, and then finally to Croatia. Interestingly, she is of Swiss and Italian heritage from her father's, and of Croatian and Serbian heritage from her mother's side. Due to the frequent change of residence, she developed an enviable level of language proficiency in English and French. She says one of her wishes is to learn Italian, as she finds it beautiful.

Spencer moved to Croatia with her parents and 16 years old sister in 2011 and has been an ASR student ever since. She claims it wasn't a stressful experience, on the contrary, she got the opportunity to have a solo singing performance in front of the entire school in that same year and remembers that event as one of her biggest accomplishments. It also induced her interest and passion for Music, which is to this day her favorite school subject.

When she is not working on her runs and riffs, she likes to spend her time in the company of her Jack Russell Terrier Buba, who got named after a Croatian expression for a bug, playing volleyball, hanging out with her friends, watching movies based on Marvel Comics and travelling. By now, she has visited a lot of places all over the world, and emphasizes Colombia and New York as her favorite destinations. She would like to visit Australia in the near future.

Even though she is interested in many different things and has a lot of talents, she is still not sure about her future profession. However, she would like to do something related to music and performing arts. When she was asked to be a bit more specific, she just smiled and said that her only ultimate goal in life is to be happy and surrounded by people who are trustworthy and honest, as she sees those two qualities as crucial in healthy friendships and family relations.

Last two answers to my questions, even though they were short, told me the most about her. They told me about how she sees life and people around her. Spencer does not focus on small and unimportant things in life, her only wish is to have a happy life being surrounded by people who are important to her. She does not think only about her happiness, which is these days, usually defined by how wealthy you are or how many things you own, just the opposite, she wants others around her to be equally happy as her. This tells me how caring Spencer is, and how she, unlike many people of her age, has well-set life values.

I think we can all learn from her and should feel blessed to have her in our class.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,223 • Replies: 0
No top replies