A saga involving airbnb

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 05:58 pm
A friend recommended airbnb. I am in a situation which could be made easier if I stay overnight in the Berkshires. Yeah, I know. Twist my arm. But to make an extra round-trip of 100 miles seems pricey. More importantly, I know it will be tiring.
I looked into a motel where I had stayed during the off-season. Of course, the price is higher in August. I looked into airbnb and considered three places. The agency advises customers to contact prospective hosts, which I did. Two responded. Contacting a host is not making a reservation by any stretch of the imagination. I have contacted hotels and motels and even the YMCA when I had questions to ask. A query is not a commitment.
One of the hosts contacted me several times and I told her that I had made other arrangements. She wrote back that airbnb would charge her $100 for the cancellation.
This evening, I received an email from her, asking whether I had "resolved" my "issue." But there is no issue and nothing to resolve, other than her harassment. Then I noticed she had texted me. I complained to airbnb.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,301 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 08:30 pm
@plainoldme,
Did you call her or email? I'm thinking that if it was via email, you'd have the you contact message in your sent file). Even if it was by phone that would be odd. Anyway, good luck.
0 Replies