For an Hypnosis Test

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:04 pm
Hello,

To create an HYPNOSIS test and to determine if the person is really in transe, I need your help for a small visual test in JavaScript, if possible. This will be probably sexier than MsExcel.
- with 'blue', 'red', 'green', 'black', 'yellow', 'brown', 'grey', 'pink', 'purple' (the basic colours a man can spell, women can distinguish more for sure).
- displays randomly a set of 20 words
- with a random color issue from this array.

You see the trick ? My goal is to create confusion.
Possible ?

Thank you for the help.

Js
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 796 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by jsopdebeeck
chai2

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:29 pm
@jsopdebeeck,
Why would this create confusion?
Butrflynet
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:55 pm
@jsopdebeeck,
Many brain teaser games have this puzzle. They show a word for a color in a different color and alternately ask you to name the font color not the text or name the text not the font color.

BLUE

YELLOW

RED

GREEN

You might be able to find some code examples for it. Here is the source code page for one such test. You could probably do something similar in java and add a randomization to it.

view-source:http://www.ojohaven.com/cgi-bin/ColorText.pl
gungasnake

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:01 pm
@jsopdebeeck,
Show the user a simple voting screen as per elections with two buttons:

For President of the United States, Choose one:

Abraham Lincoln || Bork Hussein Obunga

Anybody who presses the button for Bork is clearly in a trance of some sort.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:03 pm
English spelling is totally FUBAR but, such as it is, "trance" is spelled with a 'c'.
0 Replies

jsopdebeeck

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:13 pm
Hello if you search for "Stroop effect", you will understand why I use that for Hypnosis.
0 Replies

jsopdebeeck

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:15 pm
@gungasnake,
"Comment and document your code" is also an hypnotic suggestion for developers ;-)
0 Replies

jsopdebeeck

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yes Butrflynet,

This is exactly like that. My request for having a script will allow me to propose it in several language, and to change some parameters.

You think it is possible ?

jsopdebeeck

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:22 pm
@chai2,
Make a test to compare / demonstrate how hypnosis, via that Stroop effect is a demonstrate how easy is to remove some interference in the reaction time of a task.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:19 pm
@jsopdebeeck,
Yes it is possible. The programming doesn't care what the text is. It can be anything and can be randomized to change the font color when that text is displayed.
0 Replies