American dominance in power sector in Ukraine

guruf

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:48 am
American dominance in power sector in Ukraine makes it painfully obvious that EU is trusted with some minor role in the country.

Previously Ukrainian prime minister Yatseniuk only voiced his country's desire to closely cooperate with the USA in energy sphere. Now we see some concrete steps in the direction. Ukrainian parliament has approved some laws neutralizing all the hurdles for Americans to actually rent Ukrainian GTS. From now on Russian gas flows into EU countries will be controlled by the USA actually! And so we must address them in case we get some reduced supplies. Perhaps Americans think Brussels will not brave it to sort it out with D.C. over Russian gas. Perhaps Ukrainians mean it to continue with the gas theft under the American shelter fooling the EU. At least I'm scary they'll go on with it. We'll live and see.
Let Americans get Ukraine ready for EU membership which we'll perhaps grant them in 50 years or so ahead. We'll live and see if Ukraine may fit EU.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,994 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:35 am
@guruf,
This has removed my blinkers and made me very angry indeed. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Next Tuesday I shall purchase a new pen and some stationery, and compose a letter to the Times.

Once again, thank you, gofor.
George

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:12 am
@Lordyaswas,
Actually, his name is "guruf", an anagram of "frug u".
Lordyaswas

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:07 am
@George,
Ah, I just assumed he was a Putin gofor....
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:11 am
@George,
Frug U . . . isn't that an institution of lower learning in the Boston area?
0 Replies