Pope makes saint of woman who died after refusing abortion

Terry

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:04 am
MOU, your statement that women are not "terribly affected" by 9 months of pregnancy was indeed ignorant. I meant that in the literal sense, not as an aspersion on your character. No one knows in advance whether they will have serious medical problems due to pregnancy. (I expected a natural delivery but had to have C-sections.) Perhaps the women of your acquaintance all had easy pregnancies, but more likely they simply chose not to discuss intimate problems with you.
MyOwnUsername wrote:
father can also refuse to take care of baby once born if he doesn't want to be parent then everything is fine.

You cannot refuse to provide for your baby after it is born and you find that screaming babies with dirty diapers are not much fun to take care of. You need to make your intentions known as soon as the pregnancy is discovered so that the woman can factor that into her decision (and it is HER decision) since early abortions do not pose the ethical and medical problems that later ones do. If the father does not want the baby but she does not want to have an abortion, she needs time to find a support system or arrange for adoption.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:36 am
I agree with that, I noted that bit later in same post, it was just bad expression. When mentioning "accepted at first place" I thought about time when woman gets pregnant, not when baby is born. With "baby once born" I was thinking about fact that father that didn't want that baby to be born (or to take care of it) will be legally forced to pay child support after baby is born and not during pregnancy.
So, just wrong expression, and I completely agree.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:43 am
and, my wife had no reason not to discuss intimate problems with me, as well as my sister or mother, or I can mention girl from our office with whome I haven't discussed things deeply (I am journalist) but she is doing her photography job in eighth month of pregnancy without any problems - btw, she have no problems with boss or something, actually, everybody else is suggesting her to take some rest already.

Of course, once again, I am not saying that all cases are like that-
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:49 pm
Terry wrote:
Stillwater, you mean that you can become a saint just by lying around and drinking wine? Shocked When does he intend to canonize all the rest of the bums … er, I mean good Catholics who have done that?

You can get in the line behind me, with any luck the toilet I've been throwing up in will become a sacred icon. The Porcelain Purge of Saint Stillwater, has a nice ring to it - donchathink?
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:21 am
doglover wrote:
The catholic church is run by a bunch of older men who have no care or concern for the well being of the women of the world. They tell women they cannot use birth control and when they become pregnant, they tell them they must give birth to an unplanned child. Jeesh. Rolling Eyes

If they are having sex without birth control, the child is planned.

The Catholic Church actually allows for an unborn child to die if the mother's life is at risk. They don't call it an abortion because the intent is not to abort but it is merely a unfortunately consequence of saving the mother's life.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:49 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
He has also canonised some woman who spent the last 13 years of her life lying in bed and apparently eating nothing but communion wafers and wine. That's technically 'hysterical paralysis' and if the Catholic Church could manage to take on some of the innovations of the last two centuries she may have been cured of this condition in a lot less than 13 years. Stupid superstitious bu!!****.

You sure that woman didn't live 200 years ago?
Catholics go to doctors too, you know. Even the pope.
0 Replies

123erica

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 08:14 pm
Greetings.
That's the LOOOOOOOONGEST post I've ever seen in my life!
Anyway,
I was raped at knifepoint by a stranger.
I kept my child.
He is 14 years old in the 9th grade and in the other room eating pizza as I type this.
Would the Papalcy make me a saint too?
0 Replies

Elishia tha LADYknight

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:36 pm
This women no doubt has made the ultimate sacrifice in choosing to save herr child and not herslef (( which is human nature to protect the offspring)). I also think that her selfless decision had a good side and a baad side.
Good - held on to her beliefs . saved her child .

Sacrificed her own life

Bad - left four kids without a mother .

to be declared a saint for it?? No, many women have done this to save their children . . . to be a saint I feel you have to change the world and dedicate your whole life to helping others
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 02:31 pm
Next time someboday asks me why I constantly attack Christianity, I'll link this thread.

When the President wants to ban stem cell research, abortion, and condoms in schools, because Vishnu says it must be so, I'll attack Hinduism.
0 Replies