Until later- unless there is none

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:13 pm
@ehBeth,
I sent him an email on the 24th December but haven't had a reply Sad
vonny

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 02:10 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Still no word from Sturgis - very worried now.
firefly

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 05:06 pm
@vonny,
Given the ominous title of this thread, I think we have reason to be worried. Sturgis has been through some very serious, and life-threatening, medical problems, and we don't know what might have recurred or developed to account for his sudden absence almost two months ago.

He knows we are concerned about him, and if he was able to contact us, I think he would have done so.

I think all we can do is hope that he's temporarily without computer access, or currently unable to use a computer, and that he will return here when, and if, he is able.

I continue to send good thoughts and positive vibes his way.
vonny

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 03:47 am
@firefly,
Quote:
I continue to send good thoughts and positive vibes his way.

My heartfelt good wishes wing their way towards Sturgis - wherever he is.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 03:39 pm
April ended painfully when I managed to break the right ankle. Surgery took place a week later at Lenox Hill Hospital...1 plate and 5 screws (apparently the doctor was serious when he said 'screw you!').

Now in a rehab facility and figured to check in.
essentially all is what it is, the recovery process is expected to take a while and I will likely not be here much during this time. (Annoyingly there is no WiFi in this joint)

Private room and pleasant place and strangely the food is good too.

Hope all of you are well and keeping happy, know that you're in my thoughts consistently which at least gives me a boost.

That sums it up for now, until later...

Sturgis
roger

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:43 pm
@Sturgis,
Are you sure you didn't damage your head? I almost thought you said the food was good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Be well, kiddo.
I hope somehow you can get better online access, but in any case, know we'll be thinking of you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Wishing you well.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh Sturgis, how awful. I broke my left knee about 7 years ago walking up the sidewalk and slipped on a wet left. I hated wearing that brace, but I listened to the doctor and followed his instructions. The left knee healed up and actually feels better than the right. So, endure the rehab, follow the instructions, because there are no short cuts that exist for broken ankles. You need your ankles, hard to walk without them. But I'm so sorry you have to thru this, feel better soon, your old pal, GB
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:29 pm
@Sturgis,
So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope the healing and rehab goes smoothly. At least it's nice to have a private room. ...no one else's snoring and whatnot.

do hurry back ... slowly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Glad you checked in.

Your ears must have been burning on Saturday night as Margo and I talked about you briefly as we went over people we'd liked to have met in our travels - you are very high on my list - exchanging voice mail msgs a decade or so ago just doesn't make it a successful meeting.

Take care of yourself and check in when you can.

You're our pal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:33 pm
@Sturgis,
I'd visit ya and bring you some licorice but it's too damned far..
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:58 pm
@Sturgis,
So there was no April food (fool) for you ? Wow, Sturgis I'm only glad that the food is good, hope the Nurses are as well Smile So so, sorry to hear of another problem for you and no WiFi but you willlll jump it.

Thinking of you noted you were absent get better quick and really glad you wrote here.

Witch.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 11:11 pm
Sorry to hear about this, Sturgis. Be well. Be sure to let us know how you're doing--if you can.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 05:59 am
A plate and five screws? That's one bad-ass break!

Heal fast!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 01:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh, Sturgis, I'm so sorry to hear you sustained such a serious ankle fracture. I hope your healing and rehab will have you ready to return home ASAP.

Glad the place you're in is pleasant and that the food is good. I hope you can also find some interesting company there to help you pass the time. I'm sorry they don't have WiFi so you could hang out here more often, but try to drop in here as often as you can. Sending good vibes your way for an uncomplicated recovery.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 02:18 pm
@firefly,
Didn't you mean black licorice vines? Vibes have less flavor..

(kidding, kidding, I don't really mean that)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 05:12 pm
Week 2, the adventure progresses

Apparently I'm still hiding out on the western edges of New York civilization. Recovery is a slow process, one which could add wrinkles to my otherwise perfectly unglazed face...

Er, um I mean unflawed face. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Finally got the WiFi thing taken care of. With that and a carton of Winstons, say twelve pounds of licorice and plenty of coffee I'd come close to liking being here. Well, the access matter is a pleasant additive to things.

No major changes yet, just the usual rehab stuff. Work as hard as I can and reach back a few days in order to notice there do indeed be improvement even if it's slight.

So that sums it up for now and tomorrow, we'll wait and see.

Hoping you're all doing well (or at least reasonably so) and for the most part staying out of trouble. The well-wishes are immensely helpful and I'm quite grateful (as well as touched- thanks all of you).

Until next time,

Sturgis
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 05:16 pm
@Sturgis,
HEY DUDE, you have a heart problem no??? What the hell you doin eating licorice?. That **** can kill you if you have a weakend heart.

I also noticed the Winstons thingy. Why not really go for a trifecta ?
Start drinking Annisetta.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 05:22 pm
@farmerman,
Nah no heart ailments, my kidneys have had some moments of confusion though. Gave up the cigs a few years ago and the booze as well. Licorice may be my twentieth from last escape!