Welcome back STURGIS!!!

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 02:09 pm
It's difficult when things are difficult and then, you disappear for a bit, try for a come back and get lost in the "how's".... Figured a new thread may make it easier huh... to do exactly that, get back here.

PS: Hope no one is tortured of his pending return Wink

Well this email made my day/morning/ still waking~

No one can speak like Sturgis, he just has this knack. So I'm going with what he said, "copy and paste" and see you soon Sturgis~~~ Welcome back love ! See ya soon.

Quote:
Dear Kel,

Apparently I have been out of contact with half the free world and out of contact with the other two thirds as well (which according to mathematicals is not quite possible as there'd then be more than an entire whole...

Speaking of whole and holes (sinkholes and those found in the wall and wormholes and the sort), I never intended to disappear this way. It just happened.

It was health related, but not in any way which would make sense to most folks. It began a few months ago, some time in November if memory correctly aligns the corpuscles of my brain adequately to have that time recollection.

Was rather off, was sensing imminent doom (more than the amount I normally sense when the phone or door bell ring and I owe money). Decided to lay low and keep quiet a few days, figured a hospital journey might be coming up. Thought I'd send information then if anything did happen (and if I was able to do so).

Next I knew it was Christmas (I wished our kindly BOSS Danny a happy birthday as I remembered him and also thought about pelicans).

Then New Years Day, then this, then that, then started feeling better, then started feeling completely embarrassed for having made such a rapid departure.

It was then I considered relocating to Terre Haute (Indiana) for a fortnight or maybe longer (must find out how long a fortnight is).

Tried to figure what to say. How could I explain the lapse in communication.

Then I realized that this is not so new an experience (check with Brenda, Monique, Ralph and numerous others who have dealt with me dropping from sight...and sites, for years at a time.

Then this afternoon (yeah it's nearly 2 p.m. here) I decided to pull the licorice off my fingertips and compose a note to explain, and offer an apology.

Meanwhiles, I occasionally browsed the A2K site, could not for all the coffee in Australia...is coffee grown there???, get myself to log in and would vamoose before getting involved in it all.

Should be back to my usual 'antics' soon and on various websites which I've avoided. (Netflix has kept me busy as well).

If you have a moment, and if we are still speaking, would you mind terribly letting the lettuce leaves and cucumbers sit in a mixture of vinegar and various spices for......hmmm, that wasn't it.

Would you mind letting the folks at A2k be aware of my failings and let them know they too are in my thoughts. Should be back there in a few (days, I hope).

You could essentially just copy the things I've said here directly to them if it makes it easier.
(ah the tortured look on the faces of those who were hoping I'd left town forever)
Sturgis

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 2,534 • Replies: 32

vonny

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 02:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I've only got one thing to say to Sturgis -

WELCOME BACK! Today, tomorrow, whenever you choose to return - just glad that you are still you!!! Phew - sigh of relief ... etc etc etc ... see you soon dear friend! Very Happy Lots of love xxx etc etc etc
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 02:38 pm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 02:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you so much Foundygirl!

and Sturgis <harrumph>

I miss the lil bugger and want him here being entertaining and curmudgeonly or whatever the hell he wants to do/be ***.

and well, I imagine Sturgis has always brought something like the best of both of these fellas to NYC

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:23 pm
Phew!!!!!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:34 pm
I love to be surprised enough to snort coffee now and then, and Sturgis is one of those buggers that can do it.

If he comes back to A2K, then I ask that he gives fair warning, so I can keep a packet of clean wipes handy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:49 pm
I am so relieved, Sturgis is so much fun, days are a tad darker when he's not here. Damn it Sturgis, you had us worried sick. But I'm glad you're back.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
A fortnight is a period of two weeks, Sturgis. If you dare absent yourself from a2k for that long again, no amount of pleading will save you from the birch switch of lordyaswas.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:53 pm
What a relief to hear that you're alive and well, Sturgis!

Don't apologize, or feel embarrassed, about your sudden disappearance. I'm just relieved it wasn't due to serious health problems beyond your control. You're certainly entitled to take a break from here, announced or unannounced.

I'm just happy to know you might be returning--you have been missed.

And thanks, FS, for letting us know this news.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 04:23 pm
Let the Word Games commence!

Vonny has been playing with herself Shocked for all these months of your stay-cation, Sturgis. She will be very very happy to have her game buddy back in full gear.

Thank you for letting us know you are still above ground! Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 04:33 pm
Hey Sturgis. Welcome back. Get here soon!!!

I'm still concerned because two other regulars have not been here for a long while...and who knows what has happened.

I'm speaking of Spendius and OmSigDavid.

I hope they show up sometime soon also.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 07:40 pm
I sort of understand, Sturge.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:20 am
Glad to see you, Sturgis. A goil worries.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:17 pm
@Roberta,
Much obliged one and all.
Sorry to have had you all in such a state, just lost time connectivity and then felt kind of odd about a sudden reappear (although that hasn't stopped me in the past)

Hope you've all been behaving and not replacing the beans with ice pellets in the beanbags.
vonny

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:20 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh no - you're back for five minutes and you're already putting strange ideas into everybody's heads - I swear my beanbag is full of ice chips - ouch!

P.S. So glad you're back Very Happy
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:27 pm
@Sturgis,
Hi there Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:31 pm
@Sturgis,
awwwww you were like all bashful and stuff

what a sweet lil bunnykins you are

just for that

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi02NGYwMGIyNDZmZTI4N2Q2.png

that'll teach you to scare the bejeesus out of us
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 04:15 pm
@Sturgis,
Welcome back. You're absence was noted and you're missed. Stick around and stay well, 'ya hear?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 04:33 pm
You're my New York City man, I know you know the place, tales you haven't told yet. I'm sure you can write.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 05:13 pm
@Sturgis,
The big relief came from knowing you were in contact with someone. Posting is a welcome fringe benefit.