Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 03:19 am
I'm moving to university in England and I'm not sure which one I should choose. Which city is better to live, cheaper but nice, good reputation... Which one would you choose? UCB (Birmingham), Portsmouth, Gloucestershire or Sheffield?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,971 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:47 am
@carolinecata8b,
If you are definitely moving to University in England, you would obviously know which one you are going to.
If it is the case that you have a choice of four Universities, you would have had to give your decision by now, so that the other three can offer your reserved space to another student.

Please clarify your situation.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:56 am
@carolinecata8b,
You should be aware that there is a league table of institutions in England which legally call themselves "Universities" but whose de facto status can effect the marketability of the qualifications they are offering. In the premier league for example, are the traditional universities of Birmingham and Sheffield. It is not clear from your post whether UCB is part of the original university or some ex "college of higher education" which has recently been granted university status. The same goes for Sheffield (Sheffield Hallam is a former Technical College). The other two locations you mention certainly do not figure in the premier league.

Obviously, the particular course you fancy is a large factor in your decision process as well as the ambiance of the location, but I suggest these should be secondary issues relative to getting value for money from your choice.

Edit: UCB is not premier league
http://www.ucb.ac.uk/about-us/history.aspx
0 Replies