Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 01:58 am
@Olivier5,
Smile
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 01:51 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Well, that God, at least the God described in the Bible, has an entirely different purpose in mind, one that, although sidetracked for a time, will be fulfilled.

We'll see.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 01:55 pm
@Olivier5,
Would you care to elaborate?
Wilso

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:35 am
http://i60.tinypic.com/24ctgqp.jpg
Olivier5

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 10:19 am
@giujohn,
No.
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:35 pm
@Olivier5,
yeah...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 12:59 pm
@Wilso,
Would she have done it for other kittens than her own though.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 01:15 pm
The fact that the cat did it for her own kittens indicates to me that she is more worthy of respect and admiration than someone who would ask if she would do it for kittens other than her own.

A lot more respect and admiration.

A LOT more.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Likewise, I respect that cat a LOT more than anyone who tries to piggy-back on it to settle old accounts...
0 Replies

graceforall

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:35 pm
@giujohn,
It's not God that's causing it, It is the missed representation and interpretation of the people that are seen or heard. You are correct in stating man's advancements in knowledge, but he still fails in how to bring about peace. What is your thought on when you live out your time hear? What is your view after life?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:16 am
@graceforall,
graceforall wrote:

It's not God that's causing it, It is the missed representation and interpretation of the people that are seen or heard. You are correct in stating man's advancements in knowledge, but he still fails in how to bring about peace. What is your thought on when you live out your time hear? What is your view after life?

Since it is almost certain that humans created the "God" of which you speak...you are correct that humans are the cause of the stuff people blame on the gods.

We humans have made all the "rules"...and we humans are the ones who violate them.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 11:18 am
If the world is an illusion or dream, and we regard Jesus as a 'Master of the Art of Dream Manipulation' it could explain how he was able to produce his 37 "miracles" by bending reality.
And he said we could do it too.
Perhaps prayer is simply "thought-pressure" that can affect reality.
0 Replies

graceforall

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 06:05 pm
@giujohn,
I understand where you are coming from. But we must really think why we have thoughts of this kind. The word states that: But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1Corinthians 2:14
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:17 pm
@graceforall,
Well, I dont have religious thoughts...guess I dont experience electrical disturbances in my pre-frontal lobes.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:52 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

My contention is that the believe in a god, especially without proof is inherantly destructive to humankind. Any good that might result is overwhelmingly subplanted by the tremendous evil that occurs.

Maybe so, but there are millions of people out there who need to believe in a merciful, caring God, miracles, guardian angels, predestination and purpose...

MWal

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 07:36 am
There are no evil God, and no evil people. Evil is non existent if you just quit letting it be part of our imagination.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 07:37 am
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

There are no evil God, and no evil people. Evil is non existent if you just quit letting it be part of our imagination.

That's what Charles Manson keeps trying to explain to his captors.
neologist

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:49 am
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
. . . but there are millions of people out there who need to believe in a merciful, caring God, miracles, guardian angels, predestination and purpose...
There is no mercy in predestination . . .
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Chales Manson was a sick puppy, but nothing some understanding couldn't fix. The worst of us require the most love.