Building an invisibility machine.

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 05:29 pm
I find that hard to believe...
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:41 pm
Scoates, ebrown_p veracity is known far and wide on A2K. If he says it has not been altered, then it has not been altered one pixtal. What you see is what you get...or don't get.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 07:01 pm
I've been staring at that thing for half an hour now, and I don't see one trace of a person. Not even an outline, or a blur. I say he doctored the image... perhaps it just not digitally. He could have painted over himself.
0 Replies

Tobruk

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 07:41 pm
I've seen the footage of that on my friends computer. It's not a still image but a screen capture.

The dude walks around and everything. There's also bowling ball looking things and the like too.

Doesn't mean the footage wasn't altered but that'd be harder to do I'd imagine.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 12:25 am
With Nano technology it might just be do-able. Adaptive, active camouflage. Trouble is light propogates by 4 different mechanisms and diffuse lighting might present a trouble.

Along another vein the US had discovered a extremely dark paint with phorosus mixed in - it reflects only 0.16% of all light shone on it. A totally black shape would be very hard to target - especially if its against a black background.
0 Replies

sciencewiz123

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:57 pm
Invisibility
Full invisibilty would be impossible because the rendered wearer would become bling because the light waves are going around them. Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:19 pm
That's pure bullshit if you don't mind my using scientific debating techniques.

I have no empirical evidence to support my assertion but it has been peer reviewed and that's good enough for me.
0 Replies