Facebook - Unable to share from blog site - unsafe?

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:00 am
So I've attempted to contact FB a number of times with no response.

I am having trouble with sharing articles/links from my blog site. It WAS working fine then one day stopped. I am currently getting this error:

"You can't post this because it has a blocked link: The content you're trying to share includes a link that our security systems detected to be unsafe:Body of an error/warning message. Title is: You can't post this because it has a blocked link. Please remove this link to continue"

I've attempted a variety of different plug-ins, all with the same problem. I've double checked everything in my WP site/settings and everything is fine. I believe the problem lies with how FB is reading the site/link. If there is a problem I will resolve it, but I can't even seem to figure out what the problem is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,490 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:08 am
@luckyflag,
Try a process of elimination to determine which of the linked item is causing the problem. Go back to the first entry where the FB blockage started. Check photos and graphics as well as links inserted in the text and any third party ads you may have on the page.. Temporarily convert each to text and test the FB access.

When it works again, you'll know what to fix.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:47 am
@luckyflag,
FB just plain doesn't like some domains (zetaboards seems to be one).

Use a URL-shortening service such as bitly and try again.
0 Replies