Let Me Out

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 07:31 am
I want to move out of North Carolina so badly it haunts my dreams, but at my age I can't pick up and go and start over building my dj business and finding places to play live. In addition the NC legislature is trying to pass new laws to eliminate drug coverage for my son. I am willing to make every sacrifice but even doing that, there's no way to afford his meds. Without the meds he would surely start seizing many many times a day and might not live a year. I'm going to throw out my net on websites and craigslist <shudder> at cities in progressive states to see if any multi operator dj companies are hiring, but that's about all I can think of to do. Any suggestions? Serious suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,436 • Replies: 11

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 07:37 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
No ability to help on those kind of details, but I am hoping you find a niche that'll work for you, and soon.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 07:38 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
It must be going around .... I'm leaving Texas. Its getting too stupid and I can't take the heat anymore. We're looking at Ohio. If you want to dj, Austin is a good and growing market. Can be a bit pricey .....
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 08:15 am
Quote:
Blueveinedthrobber said: I want to move out of North Carolina so badly it haunts my dreams,In addition the NC legislature is trying to pass new laws to eliminate drug coverage for my son...Any suggestions? Serious suggestions?

Yeah mate, change your name from Blueveinedthrobber because it makes you sound like a dick and nobody can take you seriously..Wink
Anyway what's so bad about NC? You should be glad you don't live in one of the pol-correct northern or western states!
And the med laws might never get passed anyway
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:07 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo. a northern or western "PC" state is exactly where I'd like to be. As for you, your mother's a whore.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Whereas Romeo Fabulini would give you gravitas.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:14 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I like Ohio and its music scene: Devo recorded in my basement.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I escaped Ohio in 1964 and never looked back. Akron, or as we called it, the capital of west virginia. . "Congratulations on graduating elementary school. Would you like to A: stay here , work the mines and get cancer or B: Take a Greyhound up 52 to Akron, work in the rubber factories and get cancer?"
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:34 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Oh jeez. I'm from Akron. The three 'r's readin', writin', route to Akron. Two cars one out back on blocks and one out front that don't work.

Buchtel, class of '70.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Simon Perkins, Central High, West Jr. High, I was expelled from all of them at one time or another before being exiled to virginia. Spent a little time in Hunsaker hall as well. Laughing . Class of 1967
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 12:23 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Why not just go as far as Virginia

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/06/20/3451411/mcauliffe-medicaid-expansion-solo/
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 02:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I've got plenty of kin up there.....
0 Replies