My 2012 Message To the World

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 07:51 am
not to anyone here. This is one o' them cathartic posts, mostly for me to broadcast a mission statement.

When I was young, I was dirt poor, the son of an entertainer and <gasp> a woman with no father in the home, didn't care about sports and was arty. Result, I was underestimated. I proved everyone wrong.

In the mid 2000's I became deathly sick and lost everything including damn near my life. Before I was even discharged to come home, people I'd trained, helped and worked for and with were talking together about how I was finished and dancing on my grave. Almost but not quite motherfuckers.

I've spent the last 6 years just rebuilding and repairing the FOUNDATION of what is my life and in 2012 I'm healthy or at least my health is under control, and business is beginning to pick up to the point I can afford to really do what I do which is market the product I market best....me. Those of you who have forgotten me, who fucked me over when I got sick, who think I'm too old...... keep underestimating me you assholes... I'm coming back after my business, my income and ability to do for myself and my family andyou. You wrote me off. You fucked up.

I'll retire the way I've lived my life... on my own terms when I'm ready, and not living off Social Security and dog food either.

I already printed this and taped it to my desk....it's the first thing I'll see every day.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,744 • Replies: 7
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:17 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
U r a Phoenix, Bear, rising in FULL FLAME
from your own ashes.

Its INSPIRATIONAL!

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

U r a Phoenix, Bear, rising in FULL FLAME
from your own ashes.

Its INSPIRATIONAL!

David

We'll see....if not it won't be for not making the effort
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:20 am
Yeah baby!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:25 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
You have always reminded me of my younger brother (also a musician and entertainer). He is very sensitive as you are and was also close to death. You and my brother have a kind of boldness that keeps you going.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:34 am
Here's to you, bear! Keep on keeping on...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 09:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Bear, you've always been one of my favorite people and I didn't want to lose you. We've shared difficult medical times and I still like you lots!!!

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 09:31 am
Right on, bear. I think you will find legions of friends and well wishers as you do just what you said you will.
0 Replies