0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 03:54 pm
LOL
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 03:56 pm
Quinn
After reading what Roger said, I looked more closely and it actually looks like you do have a bear strolling through your pizza, lol.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 04:00 pm
I thought Quinn had a bear walking through a cross-sectioned kiwi.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 04:55 pm
well..at least if we can all agree theres some kind of bear walking through some thing..its good Laughing

yes, gray hair and cats do go together quite well Ive found also
0 Replies

kellym

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:38 pm
I have a black male cat that is 15 years old and a tortise shell female that is 21. (I tend to keep my buddies for a long long time!)

My black male had an injury on his paw about eight years ago and the fur grew back with patches of white. Also my female is beginning to go white-ish. I don't think it's a problem unless the cat appears ill.

kellym
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:18 pm
I think I got a new crop of grey this past week. I've had to give my cat karo syrup twice because his insulin dosage has been too high. Which means that his dependence is going down. Why? I HAVE NO *^$% IDEA!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:40 pm
Don't question good news. littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:41 pm
Oh but Roger - it's not really good news. He could die of an insulin over-does. I have to keep a sharp eye on him. I haven't left the house today.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 09:13 pm
dang k, little Screech is just doing his best to keep you busy and out of trouble....? HUG....and kitty kisses from Zo and Cle

kellym..thanks for stopping in and sharing the gray hair story of yours, nice to know Im not alone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
yep, not even going to give him insulin tonight. Might have to cancel my trip.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:58 pm
I guess I'm not reading right. Could he somehow be recovering to the point you don't have to give him shots anymore, or is this somesort of yo-yo thing?

Anyway, when I die, I want to come back as your next kitty. It's so nice to be taken care of.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 02:10 am
I do hope your kitty is ok Littlek. I'll be thinking about you guys.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:00 pm
Roger - it's a yo-yo thing. This time last year, after trying to get his insulin dose leveled off for 2-3 months and failing, he was in the ICU near death and I was ready to put him down when he turned around. After a few months he dropped off insulin all together. He went the whole summer w/o and then needed to go back on in Sept. In Dec. he leveled off only to get thrown off again by the middle of Jan. He went up until about a month ago when he leveled off and then he started dropping. If his needs drop faster than his dosage amount he can go into a insulin coma. It can happen fast.

So, I bring him to the vet weekly for them to take his blood to test it for glucose. Sometimes they take it once. If his sugar is too high they just send him home with a higher insulin dosage. If it's low, they curve him - they draw blood every 2 hours to see if his blood glucose is level-ish. If he's good, he stays at that level until things change again. It's $20 each time they take his blood. The $ adds up.
0 Replies