Cats and Gray Hairs....

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 05:31 pm
I have black cats so, the gray hairs show up pretty well, and them turning 5 and 6, well Im thinking a few isnt unusual...however...I noticed a patch of grays on the back of one..and realized, just a short time ago she had an injury in the same place.
Is this normal? Anyone experience or know of this happening?
I dont think I should be overly concerned but, when I came upon that realization it just made me think perhaps I should think on it more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,941 • Replies: 34
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 05:45 pm
For what it's worth, Barney regenerated hide and hair over a two inch lenght of leg and it all came back like the original black.

This is a non-answer, of course, but it is my only recent experience with feline injuries.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 05:54 pm
You see, thats what I would think...that if there was colored hair there afore that, it would be colored hair now....
wasnt a serious injury either, which is why it took me a bit to put it together
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 06:20 pm
Horses with injuries will sometimes have their hair come back white. For example, a horse that has a tight fitting saddle will frequently have white spots on its back where it has rubbed a saddle sore. Yet when my horse's ear had a growth removed, everything came back pure black.

Our cat is a tabby, so it would be impossible to tell! He's all shades of brown plus gray and tan and white.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 06:27 pm
I have often had cats grow white hair back over a injury. Don't worry!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 06:28 pm
I thought this was a thread about the little sods giving US grey hairs!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
well..I could attribute a few of my own folicles to the little beasties but, Im sure it doesnt work the other way round...Im too good of a slave! Smile

Good to hear that others have had animals have this, now I can rest a bit easier...thanks folks
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:27 pm
Honestly, Quinn, I prefer your present avatar over all the previous.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:31 pm
Why thank you....I thought the bondage bear a bit too much...and frankly...I think it gave the wrong impression Shocked
imagine that

However, im now worried that you cant see this well enough....a squishy veggie thingy???????????

I like your mouse as well Smile
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 11:09 pm
Interesting question and answers. With all the cats I've had, this has never happened.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 11:10 pm
Quinn
When I look at you avatar I see a pizza, lol.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 11:41 pm
mmmmm, pizza....

About the hair..... I don't think it's unusual, but I don't know why I think that it isn't....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 12:03 am
Quinn, I see some sort of cellular form with a lot of antigens coating the cell wall, stained with particularly colorful dyes..
I too thought the gray hairs were on the humans..
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 02:01 am
Yeah, maybe a funky pizza, lol
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 03:09 am
When I get hungry, I see Pizzas and Cheesburgers everywhere. In that avatar, a hungry bear has left footprints on my pizza.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 04:43 am
LOL Roger Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 07:24 am
Roger is too polite to mention that he is a RAT!!!!!!!!

Quinn, what colours are your avatar? (There seems to be no way of making the number correct in that sentence!)

My monitor is tres weird, and I do not see colours properly.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 12:58 pm
a bear tromped across my pizza...okay..thats hysterical actually...I was thinking of making it b/w because I had actually made it color to be colorful and all <dlowan..its all kinds of colors actually> but, now Im just leaving it alone I think....its fine, its funny now actually
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 01:00 pm
oh yes, and the cat thing...you know, I didnt realize that they would have gray hair so early on, but then again being all black...it probably just makes it easier to see.
k..I didnt think it unusual either until I put it together with the injury, thats all really...and not that its unusual either..just a bit strange I think.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 01:53 pm
cats ARE strange, really, when you come down to it...which I have.....
0 Replies