Facebook page

vicksm

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 05:56 am
Hi, my client has a Facebook page which she set up some time ago. She managed to set it up for her business without having a personal profile. But there are lots of restrictions on the page. For example, she can't 'like' anything. There simply is no 'like' option, and other features are missing too, eg. Search. You can view the page here: Edit [Moderator]: Link removed Do you know how we can adapt the page so that it functions like a normal business Facebook page?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 968 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 07:03 am
@vicksm,
She needs to hit the gear wheel (these days Facebook is hiding it in Settings) and use the Facebook as the page.
vicksm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 04:09 am
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah. When I hit settings, the only options are Email, Password and Language. I've taken a couple of screengrabs, but I can't see where I can upload them.
jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 06:49 am
@vicksm,
You can upload images to Image Shack or Photobucket (I prefer them, but that's really a matter of taste) and then post them here.
vicksm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 10:02 am
@jespah,
Thanks jespah. I've uploaded the screenshots here:
http://imageshack.com/a/img838/7303/lhs4.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8377/nt0h.png
jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 10:18 am
@vicksm,
The first image doesn't work. The second one is cut off enough that I really can't see the problem.

Are you trying to determine why others can't post on the page? Are you restricting posts on the page?
vicksm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 01:59 pm
@jespah,
Weird - sorry about the images - they looked OK when I uploaded them. I'm trying to work out why the Facebook account is restricted in so many ways. It just doesn't have the usual options. She can't 'like' pages, she can't search for other users - there are just so many restrictions - she can basically only post to her wall, and very little else. She set it up some time back, and so can't remember the process that she went through, but it isn't linked to a personal account, and so I wonder if that's the problem. Just wondering if there is a way to fix it without scrapping the current page and starting again.
jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@vicksm,
It's okay - but I bet you're right. I think the liking, etc. is more related to an individual account (never mind that with a business page, you can act as if you were the page, and like posts, reach out to people, etc.). It's certainly worth a shot.

BTW - I'd suggest associating this individual account with a Gmail account and then associating the site itself with her individual Google profile and Gmail account. Why? Because she should become a Google Verified author. This performs a neat trick whereby, sometimes (and Google never really tells you when it will/won't do this, but I imagine that's proprietary knowledge) Google will associate her Google profile image with its search results for her page.
vicksm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 02:50 pm
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah. Her log in for this account is via her gmail account, but that's a great tip. So do you think that it's possible for us to 'fix' the page and make it function properly, or do you think that we need to scrap it and start again. Not a great option as she has followers and will lose the entire archive of posts.
jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 02:57 pm
@vicksm,
You're going over my pay grade now. Smile

So - I'd just suggest - try it (what the hell). She should be able to make her own individual account an admin, yes? An admin can delegate admin duties to anyone, I understand.
0 Replies