true but what about those that have??
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
The afterlife has been proven several times by many first eye witness accounts.

This is just too funny to contemplate! Afterlife doesn't exist; there's absolutely no proof of it - NEVER. NDE's are similar to drug induced experiences; it's all in the mind.

Most religious people believe in the afterlife, but that's based only on faith.

EVIDENCE that the person is still alive is when somebody comes back to life after being pronounced dead. Dead is when the person is declared brain dead. The heart stopping for a short period is not dead.
worldtraveler24

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My enlightened Godless friend. How about 30 minutes dead? Is that clinically dead or is that just a quick dip into the pool only?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:42 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Don't you understand simple English?
Quote:
Dead is when the person is declared brain dead.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:44 pm
@worldtraveler24,
https://iands.org/nde-stories/17-nde-accounts-from-beyond-the-light.html check these out if you are in doubt.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 02:02 pm
@worldtraveler24,
The prime giveaway that this is rubbish is the title,
Quote:
Seventeen Case-Studies of the Near-Death Experience Follow

Case studies? These studies are biased in every way in trying to convince the reader that NDE exists. It doesn't; death is when the person is brain dead. If anyone is able to recall what happened, it was merely one brains working deceit upon the individual.

Nobody can claim they were dead if they still had brain activity.
0 Replies

Syamsu

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:46 am
@farmerman,
The atheist starts out with contrasting common sense against religion, ridiculing religion with common sense. There is still a lot of acceptance of subjectivity in common sense. But when the atheist starts to systematically think things through, then the atheist systematically excludes all spirit, including the human spirit, and not just God the holy spirit. At this point the atheist comes to reject subjectivity whole, and reject free will is real.

philosophy 101:
The spiritual domain can be explained logically as follows: what is free can only be identified in a free way.

Love and hate are free, they are motivation of a decision, they choose.

Measuring works by cause and effect, evidence of something forces to a conclusion, resulting in a fact, which fact is a copy / model of what is evidenced. The fact of the existence of the moon, is a model of the moon, which model points to the moon itself. The moon is the cause, and the fact of it's existence is the effect of that cause.

Love and hate are free, therefore you cannot get any evidence of them, because evidence works by force.

But that there is no evidence of love or hate is not a problem, because you can just make an opinion about it. With opinions you reach the conclusion by a way of choosing it. So you can make opinion on whether a decision was made out of love or hate. Everybody is born with a very sophisticated capability to form opinions in many different ways.

The universe can turn out several different ways, which means the way it turns out is chosen. You can then make opinion on the motivation of these decisions, whether it is out of hate or love.

So there is the spiritual domain which chooses the way the material domain turns out. The existence of all in the spiritual domain is a matter of opinion, and the existence of all in the material domain is a matter of fact.

The human body / brain, is organized in terms of decisionmaking. It has an inherent structure for choosing. Being a slave is therefore against the nature of people. And being a slave to evidence, to require to be forced to a conclusion on every issue, is slavery in a very real anti-human, emotionally disturbing sense. We have freedom of opinion for what is in the spiritual domain, and only for what is in the material domain is it required to be forced by evidence to a conclusion.
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:54 am
@Syamsu,
Leaving aside your bullsh*t attempts at philosophy, i see that you employ the standard religionist technique of putting all of a group (in this case, atheists) into a single box, and then making sh*t up about them. You know nothing about atheists.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:01 am
@Syamsu,
its interesting that, in this thread , you seem to be the one who is attempting to do the ridiculing of atheists. Can you not see that you are doing the very thing that you are accusing others .
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:52 am
@farmerman,
Sorry--not really--I will just bow out so you guys can carry on with your Godless thoughts!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 08:18 am
@worldtraveler24,
"Godless thoughts" is an oxymoron. Have you ever sinned? Come on, now, be honest! LOL
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 08:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

But what I would like to know is how did you know that you have sinned? I thought you did not believe in God. If there is no moral authority how can it be sin?

You speak out of both sides of your mouth!
Syamsu

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
It is not ridicule what I do, it is defensive, and moralising.

But there are also theists who reject subjectivity. They regard the existence of God, and the soul as a matter of fact. It is basically the same sort of thing as atheism, all fact and no room for opinion.

It is just vice of original sin, knowing as fact what is good and evil. All people are into this sin, because you can get a shot of endorphins if you make factual certitude about what is good and evil. It gives a high of superconfidence. Endorphins, the body's own drugs, you can easily get addicted to them, ofcourse.This endorphin addiction is what atheism is based on. It is very tricky an addiction can control your thoughts much. Alcohol addiction can, but endorphin addiction can make you think in ways to sustain your addiction too. The superconfidence associated to factual certitude about good and evil, the godlike feeling, is simply delicious.
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:01 pm
@Syamsu,
when you buy "original sin" you buy a whole package of goods Im not interested in. Please consider this a request to be happy , Im just not interested in what youre selling.

I speak as a recovering Catholic with Eastern orthodox and JEwish roots. Its all just glossolalia to me.

Being addicted to endorphins is not an unusul affliction. It comes with many stimuli. Some folks are into "OHHMING", others are into "Free style mountain climbing", others into "base jumping" and still others claim it from religious ecstasy (I think it was Caravaggio that painted an erotic St Theresa having a "gasm).
I like reality and evidence based reality at that.
We have very many myth lovers and reality deniers on A2K. I love to listen to them and I always wonder what gets em going in the forst place.
(Actually, I don't really wonder too much because I then often wind up in converstaions with em )
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:08 pm
@worldtraveler24,
I come from a family of christians, but to make a long story short, I'm married to a buddhist, and all my siblings are married to christians. I 'left' the church when I was a young teenager, because I observed too much dogma and inconsistencies in their teachings.

Please provide (cut and paste from my post) where I spoke from "both sides of my mouth?"
0 Replies

Syamsu

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 10:29 am
@farmerman,
....there must be straightforward and unequivocal acceptance of subjectivity in general, just as well as there must be straightforward and unequivocal acceptance of objectivity.

Your statements about measurable reality, in this context the way you talk about it, is competing objectivity against subjectivity.

And besides, your objectivity is also weak because you have no knowledge in terms of how things are chosen, only knowledge in terms of things being forced.

There is no way that you can make the grade as a human being, without having a reasonable handle on the facts of how things are decided, and have devoted lots of subjective consideration for the spirit in which decisions are made. You are human, you choose, have some knowledge about decisionmaking in the universe, and some emotion for the spirit in which it is decided.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 11:16 am
@Syamsu,
You wrote,
Quote:
And besides, your objectivity is also weak because you have no knowledge in terms of how things are chosen, only knowledge in terms of things being forced.

Proof, please. Please quote farmerman that proves his "objectivity is also weak?"
worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone imposter,

I am so glad that you made mention of your roots because I could have never inferred that from your many implications of God bashing. I am not here to condemn a single person; however, my position has always been that of creationism and the existent of a might God!

I don't agree with all of you who appear to be atheists and your belief in only the material. I can not understand why anyone who does not even acknowledge God would consider that sin even exists. That was my point. It is the WORD of God that makes us know what sin is.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:27 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Wrong conclusion. You wrote,
Quote:
I don't agree with all of you who appear to be atheists and your belief in only the material.

I'm for advocating for truth from facts and evidence, and to support all the people who do not enjoy equal rights and freedoms. Where and how did you arrive at "belief in only material?" That's not even relevant. Does that make you feel superior? Get off your high horse and set your foot on this planet.
worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
obviously you missed something along the way my friend. NO hard feelings. We can keep it congenial!