How to stop my post notifications going to my partners Facebook

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:21 am
Hi

My friend has a Facebook account but she has found out that her partner has notifications from her Facebook sent to his phone or Facebook, she's not sure which she's not technically minded at all bless her, how do I find out how he has done it so she can stop them being sent to his account/phone. I think he has trust issues lol. No seriously even though he is not friends with her friends he can see what they have posted onto her wall etc, it goes to his account as she has seen it happen, I have changed her password but not sure if he will have noticed that or had it sent to his to say that's what she has done. I have looked at her account but cannot see anywhere that says he has a notification set up to inform him of all her posts from friends, how can I see this and stop it please, she does have a right to privacy even with her partner.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 471 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:37 am
@Traceykate,
She needs to adjust her privacy settings to the strictest ones that Facebook offers. But there is nothing stopping him from friending her pals and, if her pals are open about their own notifications, he could be seeing things second-hand (e. g. her friend likes a photo with your friend in it, and the ex sees the activity by the friend who did the liking).
Traceykate

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 09:00 am
@jespah,
None of her friends are friends with him or like his things as he only really uses it to see what posts she has had, I have tried to adjust the security settings but it doesn't seem to have worked, I really am stumped this time. It is so wrong of him to do this , we need to stop it. Short of her opening up a new account, if she did can she move all her friends on this account to another at all ?.
Thank you for last reply
0 Replies