nononono

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:42 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I haven't read his "manifesto" but I'm really curious as to why everyone seems to accept everything he wrote as true.

This is what I've been saying!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:46 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I haven't read his "manifesto" but I'm really curious
as to why everyone seems to accept everything he wrote as true.

He clearly had a skewed sense of himself and the world...

Has any event he discusses been verified?

I suppose I should just read it but I'm really curious
about why everyone believes it so I thought I'd ask.
It embarrasses him. Its a declaration against interest.
I accept its veracity insofar as it expresses his STATE OF MIND.

David
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:46 pm
@nononono,
I'm not a feminist and I don't denigrate men and I'm not overlooking anything.

And that doesn't change the fact that men wouldn't allow women to serve in combat positions.

Allow being the operative word here.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:53 pm
@nononono,
I hate to disappoint you, but the last "feminist" I really paid attention to was Gloria Steinem, and that was over 40 years ago, and, even then I never went as far as subscribing to Ms Magazine.

But I do owe a sincere debt of gratitude to people like Ms Steinem, because women today live in a much less restricted society than they did in the 1950's and 1960's. We are much more able to fulfill our potential now, than was true back then. We were hindered by corset-like narrow definitions of "femininity" and being "ladylike" (all those white gloves and hats), as well as by societal barriers and discriminatory practices that either slammed doors in our face, or never even allowed them to open, so we could peek inside. It was very exhilarating to have our consciousness raised, to realize we had the power to create exchange, and then watch it come about.

It wasn't about "feminism" it was about Women's Liberation--and we were uniting to free ourselves and our sisters from overly constrictive social roles. It wasn't about hating men then, and it's not about hating men now. It was about taking our equal place next to men, and our share of what society had to offer, and not having our choices limited by anything other than our abilities. It was about an affirmation of womanhood, and an affirmation of personhood for women. We didn't just want to be merely ornamental, or sex objects, or hand maidens, any more, and just as my grandmother had to fight to get the vote, we had to fight for other civil rights--for the right not to be discriminated against in the hiring for certain jobs, for the right to get credit in our own name, and for things as important as equal pay for equal work, and as trivial as the right to wear slacks in a restaurant.

We had to fight for every single change. And we still have to keep fighting. Issues of particular concern to women still exist, issues of inequity still exist. And issues of misogyny still exist.

We've come a long way. I've seen that in my lifetime. And the changes have been remarkable. But we've still got a way to go. I've never seen this march forward by women as gender warfare, I've always seen it as a reactionary vs progressive struggle, with people crossing gender lines in support of one side or the other.

Women organized, kept their focus on the goal, took action, and then moved into positions of societal power. They really didn't, and still don't, waste their time bashing men, had they done that, they wouldn't have gotten as far as they have. And, if you're going to waste your time feminist-bashing, or trying to deny misogyny exists, or boasting that more men than women have died in battle, rather than promoting, and raising awareness for, those specific men's issues you feel are important, your issues won't get very far either.

My grandmother had to fight to get the vote, and, hopefully, I'll get to vote for our first female President. That's progress Smile Coincidentally, Hillary Clinton is probably one of the most admired feminists in the world, whatever will someone like you do if she's elected. Laughing

panzade

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 11:08 pm
@firefly,
Good post ff and I would add, when women reach parity all over the world there'll be a whole lot less men dying in stupid wars.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 11:09 pm
@panzade,
Yea, only SMART wars.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:54 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
3 years I believe.

Thanks Wilso.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 04:11 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I've jumped at this stage to the near end, will work my way back up and down.....

Assumingly I am correct. He loved his Mother but used her.

21 Years Old
Quote:
In August, I continued to build up my faith that I am destined to win the Megamillions jackpot.
spent the whole month meditating in my room or roaming around the park, visualizing the final outcome of my victory. Through the power of the law of attraction, which I had studied so intensely with the new book I found. firmly believed that I would win the lottery before then. I would then go back to

my mother’s house, show her my ticket, and buy a mansion of my own to begin a new life of heavenly bliss. One could say that I was being delusional, but my desperation for happiness was so intense that I wanted to believe that this was true.

100 Million but he wouldn't also buy her a house?

Quote:
I didn’t win. That night, I threw a wild tantrum, screaming and crying for hours on end. I had the whole apartment to myself, so there was no one there to hear me. I raged at the entire world, thrashing at my bed with my wooden practice sword and slashing at the air with my pocket knife. I even downed an entire bottle of wine, and got so drunk that I spilled my wine all over my laptop, permanently destroying it. I soaked my pillow with tears as I drifted off to sleep in my lonely bed. On the next morning, I felt so drained and depressed. I then realized that I destroyed my laptop, so I called my mother, begging her to buy me a new one. I made up the story that the laptop randomly died and I had no control over it. After some persuading, I managed to make her agree to buy me a new one.

[/b]

How would his Mother feel reading this? More importantly, he manipulated people. Her, the Police, his Father, how could anyone see what he really was?

Quote:
On Halloween weekend, I made the wise decision to go home to my mother’s house.

There was no way I was going to torture myself by staying alone in my room

Not to see her, to be with her, but to avoid his own loneliness.

I've stated along that she gave him too much.. He's clarified here that he never cared for her. Off course he never mentioned that he'd kill her, she was exempt as was his Father. The two that he was born to, were never targeted in his Manifesto of killing.

"I'd never pass on my genes" ... Thankfully Elliot, thankfully.

He bought one ticket and then :-

Quote:
I saw winning the lottery as the only way out, and I became so frustrated when the Megamillions jackpot kept resetting. I looked at the website and saw that the jackpot was over $500 million! But it would be possible for me to get a tall, blonde, sexy girlfriend if I was a multi-millionaire! Oh yes, it would be very possible. Becoming a multi-millionaire is the ONLY way I could have such an experience, and winning the lottery was the ONLY way I could become a multi-millionaire at my age. As I stared at the Powerball jackpot that was over $500 million, I knew that I HAD to win it. It was midnight when I had this revelation, and the drawing was on the following day. The only way I could get a ticket before the drawing was if I left for Arizona right then and there. And so that is exactly what I did. I quickly looked up the best route on Google Maps, packed some food into my backpack, and took off. The sun rose as I crossed the long stretch of desert in between Palm Springs and the border of Arizona. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. When I saw the sun creeping up before me in the horizon, igniting the clouds with its orange glow, I proclaimed that sunrise as the sunrise of my destiny. I was riding towards my destiny, to obtain the record-breaking Powerball ticket of $500 million! As I drove, I thought about every event in my life that led up to that journey. I considered that journey as the ultimate culmination of the tragic suffering and sexual starvation I had to go through for so long. That Powerball jackpot was meant for me. Once I won it, I’d be able to have my beautiful blonde girlfriend, I’d be able to show the world that girls consider me worthy, I’d be able to show the world how superior I am. And of course, I would be able to live above everyone who has wronged me, and rub it all in their faces as a form of gratifying vengeance. That was my ultimate purpose in life, my reason for living. I didn’t win.

I caught a brief glimpse of it before closing it out of fear and panic. In that brief glimpse, I saw that there were three winning tickets, and one of them was in Arizona! My heart started beating rapidly.

That had to be me!

I thought, with hope and excitement welling up inside my whole body. There was an Arizona winner, and I had bought my ticket in Arizona. After that long, emotional journey; driving toward the sunrise in the middle of the desert, fighting off sleep just to get there in time, visualizing my whole future before me, with a beautiful blonde girlfriend and the children I would have with her… After all that, who else could the winner be but me? It was meant for me. It was fate, destiny. I took out my tickets, of which I had purchased fifty, and sifted through them to find the one that matched the winning numbers. I felt dizzy and ecstatic as I did it, feeling so certain that my victory will be confirmed. When I reached the end of my stack of tickets, I didn’t find any that matched. For the first few moments, I couldn’t even believe what was happening. I looked through all of my tickets again
and again and again, and still, nothing.

I didn’t win.

I sat very quiet and still in my desk chair for a long time, all of the emotion swept out of me. I didn’t react with rage or anguish. I just sat there, cold and dead, mentally trying to contemplate what I had just done. I had driven all the way to Arizona just to buy lottery tickets, because I was so desperate for a happy life in which girls would be attracted to me; I was so certain I would win, building up all that hope, only to have it shattered right before me at just that moment. I then drove out of my apartment and made my way to the Girsh Park. I had to be somewhere peaceful. Along the way, I saw couples strolling along the streets of Isla Vista, walking arm in arm; I saw groups of good looking young people walking together, laughing and enjoying each other’s company. I felt completely dead inside, and torment racked my entire body, as I realized that I now had no chance to rise above them. I lost. When I got to the park I sat in my car for hours, crying and crying and crying. I wailed with agony. My tears streamed down my face and stained my collar. I couldn’t take it anymore. Feeling the need to talk to someone, I called the only people I had in my life: My parents. I called them both, first my mother and then my father, and I told them both how much I was suffering from my loneliness, and my utter realization that I had no hope of ever having a happy life. I told them that they must be ashamed of me, that I was a 21 year old virgin who is unable to get a girlfriend or making any friends whatsoever. I was not the son any parent would want. My tantrum to my parents on the phone deeply disturbed them, and they arranged for me to see my psychiatrist, Dr. Charles Sophy, when I return home for the winter break.

(1 year before this all occurred) But he was too far gone. Is this why when they saw the Videos they contacted Mental Health who contacted the Police. Should they have locked him up instead of only sending him to a psychiatrist? No, he was just disturbed I believe they did what they thought best, not knowing the reality of his next intent and thoughts which follow after this segment of thoughts. Anger... Revenge.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:13 am

I don t believe that any of the people he killed or injured
were on his hit list.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You're not serious are you?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:41 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Was someone he killed on his hit list ?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

were on his hit list.

I agree. They were random.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:42 am
@FOUND SOUL,

I didn’t want to be in Isla Vista on

April 26

the day I previously planned on carrying out my plans. Hearing all of my enemies partying and having a good time on the day I was supposed to kill them all would be too much to bear. I immediately called my mother and asked her if I can stay at her house for the whole weekend, exaggerating my illness so that she would let me. While there, I visited the doctor to ask about the condition of my cold, and spent the weekend in deep, peaceful contemplation.

His Haven, his Mother's house............ This is the second post I've noted he's used his Mother and no Capitals on Mother.. Emphasis, none... mother.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:43 am
@Miller,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

were on his hit list.
Miller wrote:
I agree. They were random.
If memory serves me accurately,
everyone on his hit list remains intact.
Miller

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
And we still have A2K for the moment, I will miss it when it is gone (TWO THUMBS UP TO ROBERT)
nononono wrote:
He's shutting this down eh? That's too bad. Some posts and people here seem to be quite informative.
Miller wrote:
I will miss it too, when it's gone. Could the exit be approaching?

I don't know if there is a shutdown approaching, but there have been predictions that the planned revamping of the ignore switch to turn it into an offensive weapon will make the site useless as a forum for intelligent discussion.

At one time Craven ( Robert) wanted to charge members a membership fee. I think that's a good idea and a fair fee (?) might be $100/year. that fee may change the types of indivduals who join A2K and post items here.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:53 am
@Miller,
oralloy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
And we still have A2K for the moment, I will miss it when it is gone (TWO THUMBS UP TO ROBERT)
nononono wrote:
He's shutting this down eh? That's too bad. Some posts and people here seem to be quite informative.
Miller wrote:

I don't know if there is a shutdown approaching, but there have been predictions that the planned revamping of the ignore switch to turn it into an offensive weapon will make the site useless as a forum for intelligent discussion.
Miller wrote:
At one time Craven ( Robert) wanted to charge members a membership fee. I think that's a good idea and a fair fee (?) might be $100/year. that fee may change the types of indivduals who join A2K and post items here.
I don t begrudge $1OO, its worth it,
but known human nature is so STINGY that I 'd expect
a drastic reduction in population in the site.
Miller

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

oralloy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
nononono wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:
I don t begrudge $1OO, its worth it,
but known human nature is so STINGY that I 'd expect
a drastic reduction in population in the site.

Since the membership is presently more than one million, don't you think that 500,000 members could carry on, without difficulty?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
He saw his Mother like him. "mother" is how he wrote her name.

He was ecstatic when he "thought" she may Marry a guy worth $500 Million, who she was dating...... she didn't.

She lived in a small house as soon as her ex-husband lowered the monthly child support somehow.

He, Elliot was embarrassed. His Step-Mother had caused problems once before, he so wanted to show these kids he had "Power./Money" but due to his Step-Mother's constant actions , he didn't invite them there.

Why is the Step-Mother exempt at present time.

Someone said, "Do we read his Manifest and take his entire word?" No I agree, in my opinion, he is omitting a lot, telling it from his anger maybe if it was 3 years ago at first, from honest love of what he remembered, up until a certain age.

He had 100% attention to detail of his youth..... He could see himself as a child this was his happiest times.

This is anywhere is where the answer lies because at this point all was perfect, but people speculate. From this point and some agree, some don't but it could still be speculation.

At this point back at the beginning, to maybe 11? He suggests 14.. "8 years ago" Has anyone really looked just at that, 14? I will have a look, that's the time he claimed it changed his life...

Yet at 22 he cried for help, literally.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,

Not to be rude but:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/california-killings-elliot-rodger-massacre-has-tragic-echoes-of-david-attias-killings-9432671.html

Quote:
During Friday’s rampage Rodger stabbed his three flatmates to death before shooting dead two young women outside a sorority house and then killing a young man inside the local deli in the student beach community of Isla Vista
. However, some reports are "two" and the third he lured.

There were reports " from the Police" and now taken down, that he had tried to mutilate the bodies, in addition.

People wouldn't believe, sounds un-real...................Police reports, sound "real"..

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:07 am
The age of 14 years may have importance, but the young man didn't become autistic at 14 years of age. He was born with autism, which as he aged into his teens, may have changed his perception of himself and others.

Moreover, what other mental disorders did Elliot have?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 33
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:17:49