Latin American Kitchen and Bath Trends

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:37 pm
Greetings!! I am doing a project on kitchen and bath trends in Latin America and the Caribbean. I am not having much luck doing search engines via the Internet! I need help!!! Can someone give me insight as to what Latin Americans in general design their kitchen with, do they remodel the kitchen often, never, sometimes??? As far as countertops, do they prefer marble, corian, stone or what??? Where do they shop to do home remodeling???? What types of areas do the most remodeling?? Any help would indeed be helpful!!! Thank you kindly!!

My e-mail is: [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,075 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 12:13 pm
I can't tell much, just from my own experience, and my friends.

Not much remodeling is done, since it is costly.

The preferred material for countertops is by far, in Mexico City's middle class, marble. Stone would come second. Some type of clay mosaic is used in the provinces a lot.

Over the last 14 years I have remodeled my kitchen once, and the bathroom once. I used new marble on the bathroom, stone, mosaic and wood (old furniture) for the kitchen.

Most of the buys, for what I can tell, are from smallish dealers. But big American stores (Home Mart, for example) are making their way.
0 Replies