What does the last interaction info mean on Facebook Friend List?

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 03:01 am
To clarify my question i need to make some explanations first.

We all know of the Facebook Friend List in the Chat bar on the right of the monitor. Let's ignore the sorting of friends on the list and only focus on the information we get when we move the mouse over a particular person on that list. Usually, your friend's badge pops-up and it tells you among other details the time you two have last interacted.

This is true for most of my friends except for one. Even though we have NOT interacted for over a week, the info on the badge says that we messaged 13 hours ago(!). Of course as time passes by this changes but it resets once in a while and not on a regular basis.

This happened often for the past months and I am wondering what does this info exactly tell me? We did share a lot of pictures, videos, and interacted a lot in the last 6 months. Is it that my friend is getting back to those texts, downloads the attachments we shared, re-reads our conversation, or uses some kind of an extension that is making this thing pop-in. It makes no sense and it's cracking me up. ))

Please help and thanks a lot!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 650 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:33 am
@vickardo,
Facebook tests their code pretty much all the time. It's entirely possible that this is just coding that isn't quite right. They roll out all sorts of features and setting changes prematurely, all the time. This may be one of those things.
vickardo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:44 am
@jespah,
I doubt that it is correct. If that would be the case, it would happen randomly and with more than just one user. I am messaging more friends, but this one is the only one that shows this pattern. Also, I noticed that it happens only when my friend gets online - and it doesn't happen every time my friend gets online. I am sure there is a better explanation to this issue.
0 Replies