Childish Things We Love to Do

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:15 pm
Oh boy.....pouring out a dallup of Elmer's glue on my palm.....wait for it to dry.....then peel it off like skin.....Don't come near me if you have a sunburn and have started peeling.....I can't control myself..... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:19 pm
Have you ever seen those silicone glues that come in a tube and packaged on a card? Usually there is a Hershey Kisses size sample of the glue on the card. I love to play with that!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:21 pm
<sigh.....> Me, too, Phoenix.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:30 pm
Setanta and I are both making-faces-at-babies people. Always fun to see who can get a smile first. We'd never admit it's a competition, but it is. I keep catching him making faces over my shoulder.

When I visited littlek, we searched desperately for a colouring book, but couldn't find them. Cambridge is not a colouring book town, it seems. I've got some in place now, waiting for littlek to arrive ... someday. There are always crayons and fancy markers around. Two years ago, when i had friends over, i spent hours colouring with my friends' four kids and their gramma. We had a great time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:32 pm
I'm not fond of pix of myself, but I have one i love in my bedroom. Me and 2 little gemini friends. I was 40 that year, littleElizabeth was 5 and baby Colleen was just 2. I'm lying on the floor in the middle of a huge pile of toys and they're sitting on my back. We had a great time rolling around and playing while the adults were upstairs being adults.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:35 pm
Bubblicious Bubble Gum.....great stuff for blowing bubbles inside of bubbles inside of bubbles.....

My highest score was seven bubbles, each inside another.

Thumb-wrestling. I am the Champion.....at least in my family.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:36 pm
<I have a secret stash of coloring books.....>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:44 pm
oh, and there's this secret voodoo thing i've been doing since i was about 3 or 4. when i go swimming in a lake or ocean, and want bigger waves to jump into, i slap the water. it makes the water gods mad, doncha know, and they throw bigger waves at you.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:50 pm
Re: Legos. I have a picture somewhere that I'll have to post.....

Probably about six years ago.....my fav brother-in-law and I putting together my son's Lego pirate ship.....the seriousness on our faces is ridiculous! And my poor son, sitting off to the side, just watching and waiting.....and waiting.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:16 pm
I bought my godkids creepy crawlers one year just so I could make them too...hehehehe...we had a great Christmas day with bugs!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:23 pm
quinn ~ when my son was just the right age, I found a Creepy Crawler kit at a yard sale for two bucks.....bugs galore at my house for months!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:24 pm
I loved Creepy Crawlers. Almost as much as my spirograph. When i found a spirograph online, i was useless for weeks.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:28 pm
I especially like making faces at wailing babies in stores. (God knows, I get plenty of occasions.)
They'll be in mid-wail, and I sneak a ridiculous face...the baby is suddenly silent, and looking at me perplexed...the mother looks in the direction of the baby's, now silent, perplexed gaze..
Of course, I have recovered my Grown Up persona, and walk away with my magical secret, as baby gets a new breath and screams pitiably in my absence.

I AM BABY MAGIC.

LOVE the dog terrorizing stories.
Hope the ASPCA is not monitering.
Shocked

dlk33--Will add marshmellows to my doggie act!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:31 pm
Oh my goodness! Spirograph? You're killin me, ehbeth! I loved mine! (Got the ultra-deluxe set one year for Christmas!)

<do not, under any circumstances, post a link to the online Spirograph>
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:33 pm
Lash..funny..I have had the same reaction of babies/mothers...had many mothers tell me theyd pay me a fortune to babysit for them since no one has that effect...I just think its fun, and it goes along way in my own shopping sanity Smile

Lite Brite....if I had one...Id be useless...or Etch A Sketch...Spirograph comes in a close 3rd
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:38 pm
Ahem.....Wonderful son got a Lite Brite for his second Christmas.....I made a lovely rooster.....

(Got a picture of that somewhere, too.....)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:39 pm
It is very hard to restrain myself from buying an Etch-A-Sketch keyring.....They're everywhere! Make it go away.....Please!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:45 pm
EtchASketch Key Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

OH MY GOSH...I couldnt drive safely ever again

I want one now though

hehehe
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:47 pm
They sell'em at Toys R Us.....hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:50 pm
the etch-a-sketch keyring is also available at Sugar Shack for those who have that devilish shop nearby.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:39:12