Childish Things We Love to Do

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:14 pm
One of the fun things in my life is when I receive something that has been packaged with bubble wrap. There are few things more relaxing or satisfying to me than popping each and every bubble.

Do you have any silly, childish things that you love to do? 'Fess up, you're among friends, and no one will breathe a word of it to your spouse, your boss, or your mother-in-law! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,246 • Replies: 89
No top replies

cobalt

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:18 pm
Dear Phoenix, I hope you found that link to the site for Perpetual Bubblewrap? I had it on the homepage for a long time - nice fun and good popping sounds, too...

If you need it, I will scrounge it up for you. I think it was on a site called www.urban75.com or something similar...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
Cobalt- NO- I just HAVE to find that!
Thanks!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:23 pm
I FOUND it. It is wonderful. Does not have quite the tactile pleasure of touching real bubble wrap, but it will certainly do when I need a "fix"! Surprised
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:59 pm
I love toys. I can't help playing with them in stores and in the grocery store, I squeeze all the dog squeaky toys as I go down the aisle.

Now for a terrible confession: I got several squeaky toys for my dog, my loveable, sweet dog. The dog that is spoiled because we get so much for him.

Oh, this is so hard.........one of the toys I got is a little duck that quacks in the cutest way. It goes, "quack, QUACK, quack, quack, quack, with the emphasis on the second quack. Then, there is a pause and it quacks again in the same sequence. Then again for a third time.

It is soooooo cute and the quacks are irresistable.

Now for the shameful part.......I kept the duck for myself.

I know, it is reprehensible, a grown woman keeping a dog toy from her beloved dog. All I can say is that when it quacks, I'm in a good mood for the rest of the day.

This duck is special. This duck has my name written all over it.

Well gosh, I feel so much better.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:25 pm
I love bubble wrap!!!!

and I just love that you, Diane, kept it for yourself...one of my cats adopted a beanie panda as her baby..and she carries it all ver the place..crying her little heart out...but, I got another one and keep it away as well!!

Im such a kid, I wouldnt know where to start with a list of things...but, they all end up being lots of fun and bringing lots of enjoyment...and thats not a bad thing at all!

We are only as how young as we feel or act...I intend to act and feel 12 at all times possible!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 01:49 am
Oh Phoenix, the bubble wrap is so cool :-D I love stuffed animals and have since as long as I can remember, so I confess that I sleep with a stuffed dog every night. I probably wouldn't be able to sleep if he wasn't there, lol. I truly am a kid at heart :-)
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:32 am
Oh, wow. Where do I begin? I got an Easy Bake Oven as a gift. I'm bringing it into work so I can have little cakes whenever the mood strikes me.

I still collect Legos. Collected the Pirate ships and stuff, now I'm looking into all the new fangled ones with the motors and stuff. My brother got me a K'Nex set a couple of years ago that you can build a ferris wheel out of or this roller coaster thing for these balls that come with it. That's pretty damn cool. I saw the new roller coaster one that they have but I didn't get it this year.... Sad

I still lick the bowl after making brownies. I still won't share it. :wink:
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 10:00 am
To funny. I have a few train sets that I've picked up over the years. I haven't played with them in a while. I have a little collection of Matchbox cars/trucks too.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 11:34 am
Marbles...love my marbles
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 12:04 pm
Sugar, that roller coaster with the balls sounds like great fun! I lick the bowl too, trying to get to it before anyone else knows it's ready.

Match Box cars are great. When I was little, I loved playing with cars and building roads and bridges.

Quinn, marbles are the best. Some of them are so beautiful as well. Some are even quite valuable.

Phoenix, bubble wrap might be the one toy with universal appeal.

Quack, QUACK, quack, quack, quack, quack.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 12:36 pm
I like to get a good runnin' start, an' then jump up so as to land, flat-footed, with both feet in a mud puddle . . . sadly, can't do that when Lovey an' I are out walkin' the lil' dogs . . . sigh . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 12:40 pm
Stomping through leaves that have just fallen on the sidewalk. Walking in fresh snow. And organizing junk on my desk (though I suspect that brands me as having been middle-aged way before my time).
0 Replies

maximom

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 12:49 pm
I still have my baby blanket. Well, not the original, because with serious use I went through two or three by the time I got this one. Leaving for college was my big break from sleeping with it every night - I brought it with and hid it, "just in case." Now, twenty years later, I have it in a drawer near my bed, "just in case."

I love my American girl doll, clothes and accessories.

My son keeps me a child, we sing, talk, sit down wherever we like and I get some looks from people sometimes, but I like to be on his level, to experience his experience. There's nothing like it!

I love bubble gum too! And wearing a costume on Halloween! And those little "peeps" that you can find at Easter time...
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 02:49 pm
I bought a platform bed so I don't have to worry about who/what was under the bed, he he!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:21 pm
Bubbles...love to blow bubbles still, make bubbles, have bubble baths..bubbles are a good thing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:51 pm
quinn1- I love to blow bubbles too. And I can do it with regular gum!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SADfAioWRzarpb2mUCVxDwRVJ083!deoPqr787SPrg3SCFZmAnl7!11Kbql!9NqyNVhGHc!3w87oSzCgG*hUCeJkVagK9*FZXp1GjIVgWdEAAAcAEgAAAA/bubble.jpg?dc=4675403351971950849
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:56 pm
oh...me too..bubble gum bubbles are good

humm...
thinking back to the bubble wrap, bubble makers, bubble blowing...bubbles are a grand thing nomatter how they come about
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:16 pm
Bubbles!!! I love bubbles. When I was six, I blew a huge bubble and it popped all over my face and in my hair. Since my mother had warned me about this many times, I decided to see if I could get it out of my hair by myself. Out came the scissors and off went the hair, leaving me looking like I had a crew cut right on the top of my head.

Setanta, you remind me of my sons when they were little. It was amazing how they could find puddles even on the driest day. Splash! Mud! Laundry! Lots of fun!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:27 pm
I've never outgrown the zoo ... Particularly the otters at feeding time! What fun! What cheeky critters they are!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Childish Things We Love to Do
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:51:08